[comp.text.tex] METAFONT source for Arabic font?

andrew@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Andy Biewer) (01/07/91)

I didn't want to bother the net but I haven't been able to locate an Arabic
font for TeX.  I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find one.

Thanks in advance, Andy Biewer

eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) (01/07/91)

andrew@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Andy Biewer) writes:

>I didn't want to bother the net but I haven't been able to locate an Arabic
>font for TeX.  I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find one.

The net is there to be bothered...

In the most recent issue of TUGboat there is an article
about various arabic fonts. Sorry, I don't have it here with
me, so I can't give you the exact reference. I seem to recall
that the fonts are free, or rather: `postcard-ware'.
Any user should send the author a postcard...

Victor.

spencer@osc.edu (Stephen N. Spencer) (01/07/91)

In article <1991Jan6.195416.10637@csrd.uiuc.edu> eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) writes:
>andrew@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Andy Biewer) writes:
>
>>I didn't want to bother the net but I haven't been able to locate an Arabic
>>font for TeX.  I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find one.
>
>The net is there to be bothered...
>
>In the most recent issue of TUGboat there is an article
>about various arabic fonts.
>Victor.

I happen to have the latest TUGboat right here.  It is indeed 'postcard-ware':

I quote from the article:

"The status of the {\tt YARB} package is postcard-awre (which means that each
user should send me a postcard, for my collection).  It is freely available
at my address either by electronic mail, or by ordinary mail (please add some
answering coupons).

				Yannis Haralambous
				Universite de Lille 1
				59655 Villenueve d'Ascq
				France
				Bitnet: yannis@frcitl81               "

steve

mleisher@nmsu.edu (Mark Leisher) (01/08/91)

Does anyone know if the {\tt YARB} package will appear at an ftp site
in the future?
mleisher@nmsu.edu                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]

najem@cs.uiuc.edu (Zeyad Najem) (01/16/91)

In <MLEISHER.91Jan8033118@thrinakia.nmsu.edu> mleisher@nmsu.edu (Mark Leisher) writes:

>Does anyone know if the {\tt YARB} package will appear at an ftp site
>in the future?
>mleisher@nmsu.edu                      "I laughed.
>Mark Leisher                                I cried.
>Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
>New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
>Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]

Let me rephrase that, Could someone please put {\tt YARB} package on an
ftp cite. Thank you,

 - Ziad Najem

 najem@cs.uiuc.edu                              1514 Beckman Institute
 Knowledge-Based Systems Group                  405 North Mathews Avenue
 Department of Computer Science                 Urbana, IL 61801
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign     U.S.A.