[comp.text.tex] Question about eepic.sty with emTeX

ssakata@weber.ucsd.edu (Shinichi Sakata) (01/14/91)

Hi,

  I recently got eepic.sty by FTPing it from clarkson. But it does
not work with emTeX on my personal computer if I use epic.sty at the
same time. Does anyone know this problem?

                                                         Shinichi Sakata

          SHINICHI SAKATA at UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO
                          ssakata@ucsd.edu

spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) (01/15/91)

In article <4496@network.ucsd.edu> ssakata@weber.ucsd.edu (Shinichi Sakata) writes:

     I recently got eepic.sty by FTPing it from clarkson. But it does
   not work with emTeX on my personal computer if I use epic.sty at the
   same time. Does anyone know this problem?

eepic is a modified epic that replaces some of the graphics stuff with
`tpic' \special calls. the drivers that come with emTeX don't
understand these \special calls. but if you have a PostScript printer,
than get Rokicki's dvips, which uses emTeX's font libraries and
understands the \special stuff

sebastian

--
Sebastian Rahtz                        S.Rahtz@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)
Computer Science                       S.Rahtz@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bitnet)

ssakata@weber.ucsd.edu (Shinichi Sakata) (01/21/91)

In article <SPQR.91Jan15112221@cameron.ecs.soton.ac.uk> spqr@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Sebastian Rahtz) writes:
>In article <4496@network.ucsd.edu> ssakata@weber.ucsd.edu (Shinichi Sakata) writes:
>
>     I recently got eepic.sty by FTPing it from clarkson. But it does
>   not work with emTeX on my personal computer if I use epic.sty at the
>   same time. Does anyone know this problem?
>
>eepic is a modified epic that replaces some of the graphics stuff with
>`tpic' \special calls. the drivers that come with emTeX don't
>understand these \special calls. but if you have a PostScript printer,
>than get Rokicki's dvips, which uses emTeX's font libraries and
>understands the \special stuff
>
>sebastian

 Thank you very much for your suggestion. But my problem is not of
drivers. LaTeX on emTeX aborts with some error message just after
eepic.sty is loaded. The error message says `missing begin{document}'.
Since the same eepic.sty and epic.sty work without any problem on
LaTeX on the UNIX machine I often use, the cause of this problem seems
to be in emTeX or in the difference of TeX version.