[comp.text.tex] letter.sty BUG or FEATURE

rsingh@elaine3.stanford.edu (Rajesh Kumar Singh) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan21.213156.5845@eng.umd.edu> rig@eng.umd.edu (Ronald Greenberg) writes:

>letter.sty is not yielding the normal space between the closing and
>the signature.  [problem definition deleted]

I have another problem with letter.sty: the following

		   %to address
           \begin{letter}{\bf Ms.~Foo Public\\
                          XYZ company, Inc.\\
                          Town, State Zip}
makes the _entire_ toaddress bold.  Fair enough.  However,
in this second example,

%from address
\address{\sf ABCDEFG Project\\
          Utopia City, CA Zip\\
		  U.S.A.}

ONLY THE FIRST LINE is in \sf.  The second and third lines are
typeset in \rm.  To get around this, I use the following.

%from address
\address{\sf ABCDEFG Project\\
          \sf Utopia City, CA Zip\\
		  \sf U.S.A.}

Is this a feature or a bug?

Also sometime back there was a demand for left justified
\closing.  Any answers to that?

--raj
--
Rajesh Kumar Singh               E-mail: rsingh@portia.stanford.edu