[comp.text.tex] LaTeX chapter breaks & blank pages

kenc@madmax.Viewlogic.COM (Kenstir) (01/23/91)

I have found it necessary to manually insert blank pages
into two-sided reports in order that the Chapters always
begin on the right side of the page.  Is there some way
to cause this to happen automatically?  I am using

	\documentstyle[twoside]{report}

	TeX, C Version 3.0
	LaTeX Version 2.09 <7 Dec 1989>
	dvips 5.4.1

Thanks for any help!
--
Kenneth H. Cox
Viewlogic Systems, Inc.

asbjorns@stud.cs.uit.no (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan22.142324@madmax.Viewlogic.COM> kenc@madmax.Viewlogic.COM (Kenstir) writes:
>I have found it necessary to manually insert blank pages
>into two-sided reports in order that the Chapters always
>begin on the right side of the page.  Is there some way
>to cause this to happen automatically?  I am using
>
>	\documentstyle[twoside]{report}

To solve this problem Lamport has given us the \cleardoublepage command
(see the LaTeX book page 91).  If you put a \cleardoublepage command at the
end of each chapter a blank page (except for headers and footers) will be
inserted if neccessary so that all chapters start on a right-hand (odd-
numbered) page.

Asbj. (asbjorns@stud.cs.uit.no)