[comp.text.tex] PostScript fonts in TeX on non-PostScript printers

rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (01/29/91)

The new version of AmigaTeX (in beta test now) will include a PStoPK
program that will convert Adobe Type 1 or Type 3 fonts to PK files,
automatically, as needed by the printer drivers or the previewer.  I
believe such things will also be possible soon on other versions of
TeX (although multitasking sure helps.)

For information on AmigaTeX, write to Radical Eye Software, Box 2081,
Stanford, CA  94309.

-tom

robinson@prism.gatech.EDU (Stephen M. Robinson) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan28.214455.26809@Neon.Stanford.EDU> rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:
>The new version of AmigaTeX (in beta test now) will include a PStoPK
>program that will convert Adobe Type 1 or Type 3 fonts to PK files,

Speaking of PS fonts, does anyone have a way to preview PS fonts on the
Symbolics' TEX previewer by Chris Lindblad? I know a little about using
MetaFont to create needed TFM and GF files if I have a MF description but I
don't even have or know where to get that for PS fonts (like Times, Helvetica,
etc). Any help?

Thanks,

Stephen Robinson
--
Stephen M. Robinson, AI Group, College of Computing  404-853-9381
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0280