[comp.text.tex] pk fonts instead of fli libraries in emtex?

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (Astronomy, U. Western Ontario)) (02/05/91)

How does one get Emtex to use pk files rather than font libraries?  I
recently switched over to a postscript cartridge for a Laserjet.  I
used fontlib to extract the fonts from the libraries lj_0.fli,... and
placed the fonts in subdirectories 240, 270, ...  I've compiled and
installed dvips, so now the printer is happy.  I still want to use the
screen previewer, but I've been unsuccessful in getting dviscrs to read
the font files rather than font libraries.  I would greatly appreciate
it if someone would point out where I'm going wrong.

Dviscrs prints out two "Warning 1004: missing path name" messages.

The lj.cnf file now reads:
% lj.cnf
/pd=%DVIDRVINPUT%
/pf=%DVIDRVFONTS%\$r
/pg=%DVIDRVGRF%
/r=300
/rf=300
/fs=1

This is the same as the original lj.cnf except that the original had
/pl=%DVIDRVFONTS%;lj_0;lj_h;lj_1;lj_2;lj_3;lj_4;lj_5a;lj_5b
/pf=%DVIDRVFONTS%\pixel.lj\$rdpi
in place of the /pf line above.

I've run out of permutations of the /pf line to try.  Thanks in advance
for any assistance.
--
Terry Gaetz         --   gaetz@uwovax.uwo.ca   or   gaetz@uwovax (BITNET)

mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eberhard Mattes) (02/05/91)

Terry Gaetz wrote:
> I used fontlib to extract the fonts from the libraries lj_0.fli,... and
> placed the fonts in subdirectories 240, 270, ...

You should  have used  directories 300, 329, 360, ...
Then use /pfc:\texfonts\$r

--
    Eberhard Mattes (mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de)

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (Astronomy, U. Western Ontario)) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.215744.8496@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca
I wrote:
> How does one get Emtex to use pk files rather than font libraries?
[...]
> The lj.cnf file now reads:
[...]
--
I now have it working.  DVIDRVFONTS is set to f:\texfonts and the pk
files are stored in directories 240, 270, ..., 746.  (My original problem