[comp.text.tex] CFD: Splitting the group

hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org (Heiko W.Rupp) (02/09/91)

Hi,
I think the group should be splitted.
Not only in c.t.tex and c.t.latex but also in c.t.tex.msdos c.t.tex.os2 and
so on icluding subgroups for dvi drivers.

I am not willing to get all that news about Tex Vfoo.bar doesent run
under my SMDOS-machine with that and that configuration.
So machine independent questions could be posted in c.t.tex and c.t.latex
and the rest would go into their own groups

Think about it!

-Heiko

--
Heiko W.Rupp, Gerwigstr.5, D-7500 Karlsruhe 1   |   hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org
Tel: +49 7021 693642  (voice only)              |   uk85@dkauni2.bitnet

darius@edm.isac.CA (Darius S. Naqvi) (02/09/91)

In article <18a69b40.ARN139a@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org> hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org (Heiko W.Rupp) writes:
>Hi,
>I think the group should be splitted.
>Not only in c.t.tex and c.t.latex but also in c.t.tex.msdos c.t.tex.os2 and
>so on icluding subgroups for dvi drivers.
>
>I am not willing to get all that news about Tex Vfoo.bar doesent run
>under my SMDOS-machine with that and that configuration.
>So machine independent questions could be posted in c.t.tex and c.t.latex
>and the rest would go into their own groups
>
>Think about it!

No offence, but I think it's a terrible idea.  There is something
called a SUBJECT LINE.  People posting articles are supposed to put
something in it, like ``Trouble with dvi-->epson FX driver on
MS-DOS.''  Then you only read the articles you are interested in. Use
kill files, or just select articles whose subject lines look
interesting.  This can be done in rn, and can be done *very* nicely in nn.

--
Darius S. Naqvi                    mail:darius@edm.isac.ca
ISA Corp.                          uucp:{uunet,alberta}!ncc!isagate!darius