[comp.text.tex] tex for AIX?

nbeck@weber.ucsd.edu (Nathaniel Beck) (02/13/91)

Since we haven't yet formed comp.text.tex.aix.naive I have to post
to the big group.

Is there a tex for AIX. I see no mention of AIX in frequently asked
questions.

Thanks in advance

Neal

Neal Beck
Dept of Politcal Science, UCSD
beck@ucsd.edu
Dislaimer: The Regents pay me (a bit!) to distribute my opinions.

robmack@ii.uib.no (Robert MacKinnon ) (02/13/91)

In article <nbeck.666424436@weber.ucsd.edu> nbeck@weber.ucsd.edu (Nathaniel Beck) writes:
>Is there a tex for AIX. I see no mention of AIX in frequently asked
>questions.

You don't mention which version of AIX - 1.2, 2.2.1 or 3.1.  However, TeX v3.1
will compile and run on AIX v3.1 (RISC 6000) right out of the box...no
code changes necessary.  It will not yet compile on AIX 2.2.1 (RT) but I'm
still trying...honest.  I haven't tried compiling on AIX 1.2 (PS/2).

Rob MacKinnon
Bergen Scientific Centre
Bergen Norway.

av@kielo.uta.fi (Arto V. Viitanen) (02/15/91)

Robert> In article <nbeck.666424436@weber.ucsd.edu> nbeck@weber.ucsd.edu (Nathaniel Beck) writes:
>Is there a tex for AIX. I see no mention of AIX in frequently asked
>questions.

Robert> You don't mention which version of AIX - 1.2, 2.2.1 or 3.1.  However, TeX v3.1
Robert> will compile and run on AIX v3.1 (RISC 6000) right out of the box...no
Robert> code changes necessary.

There is a paper from IBM, which gives list of some programs available for
RS/6000. In section "Technical Text Processing", there is interesting entry:
     TM               TM
  TeX  & Metafont/6000			IBM

i.e. they are made by IBM !!

--