[comp.text.tex] PCX graphics in LaTeX/TeX

ba124@cs.city.ac.uk (K.A.Streater) (02/10/91)

I am looking for a PC based program that will let me use standard PCX
graphics in LaTeX documents (printing to a LaerJet IIP finally via
dvi2lj).

Does anyone have or know of such a program ?  I have already looked in
both the ynir.claremont.edu and soe.sun.clarkson.edu archives, and the
uk.ac.tex archive on JANET with no success.

Kevin Streater

------
K.A.Streater,	        JANET: ba124@uk.ac.city.cs
The City University,	UUCP:  ba124@citycs.UUCP or ..!mcsun!ukc!citycs!ba124
LONDON,                 ARPA:  ba124%cs.city.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay
England.	        Tel:   +44 (71)253-4399 x 4311/4342
SNAIL:  The City University, 311-321 Goswell Road, London, England, EC1V 7DD.

"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the
Chronicler's mind.", Hitch-Hiker's Trilogy Part IV.
--

rjl@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb10.012816.18438@cs.city.ac.uk>, ba124@cs.city.ac.uk (K.A.Streater) writes:
> I am looking for a PC based program that will let me use standard PCX
> graphics in LaTeX documents (printing to a LaerJet IIP finally via
> dvi2lj).
>
> Does anyone have or know of such a program ?
Use the emTeX drivers.  These support the use of PCX and MSP graphics.
Since you are in the UK, try the aston tex archive.

Note that the MS-DOS version of Tomas Rokicki's dvips supports
some emTeX specials, but does not support the \special{em:graph xxx}
used by the emTeX drivers for including PCX and MSP graphics.
If you want include PCX or MSP graphics with dvips, use Windows Paintbrush
to print it as epsf to a file.  Then use the epsf.tex macros for including
the epsf file.

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering

kurzi@netmbx.UUCP (Dieterich) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb10.012816.18438@cs.city.ac.uk> ba124@cs.city.ac.uk (K.A.Streater) writes:
>I am looking for a PC based program that will let me use standard PCX
>graphics in LaTeX documents (printing to a LaerJet IIP finally via
>dvi2lj).

There is a PD program running on a PC called Graphical Workshop GWS (or so).
It is able to convert from/to PS, PCX, BMP, TIFF, GIF and many more.
PS-files can be included in LaTeX.

Hope this helps- Andreas