[comp.text.tex] PostScript changebars

mcnally@wsl.dec.com (Mike McNally) (01/25/91)

Has anyone implemented a changebar style for LaTeX which relies either solely
on a TeX output routine, or failing that on PostScript (like for dvips)?  The
changebar style available on clarkson is LN03-specific.

Thanks!

--
* "In the Spirit as my automatics,  *                              Mike McNally
* Lystra and Zelda were one third   *                                    Coolie

braams@pttrnl.nl (Johannes L. Braams) (01/27/91)

--
	I have modified the changebar.sty you mean at my site to support
	both LN03+ and PostScript. The PostScript specials I used are those

	I can send it to you, but I'm also willing to put it in the public
	accesible archives if know where to send it to (Archive maintainers
	please respond directly to me). As a last resort I could post it here.

	Any replies directly to me please, I do not regularly read this group.

    Greetings from the Netherlands,

	Johannes Braams

PTT Research Neher Laboratorium,        P.O. box 421,
2260 AK Leidschendam,                   The Netherlands.
Phone    : +31 70 3325051               E-mail : JL_Braams@pttrnl.nl

braams@pttrnl.nl (Johannes L. Braams) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan26.171330.64954@pttrnl.nl>, braams@pttrnl.nl
(Johannes L. Braams) writes:
> 	I can send it to you, but I'm also willing to put it in the public
> 	accesible archives if know where to send it to (Archive maintainers
> 	please respond directly to me). As a last resort I could post it here.

	I'm not going to post it, but I have put it on the LISTSERV at HEARN.
	The file is called CHNGBARS STY and you can get it by sending a message
	(either interactive or in a mail) to LISTSERV@HEARN. the command to
	get it is:

	SEND CHNGBARS STY

	NB: The filename actually is changebars.sty. but LISTSERV only allows
	8 characters in a filename, so I had to shorten it.
	A full list of what's available can be got with the command

	SEND TEX-NL FILELIST

	I will also send the file to Aston (at least I'll try), so it will
	be available there as well (I hope).
--

smm@acd4.acd.com ( Steve McCoole ) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Jan30.145518.64961@pttrnl.nl> braams@pttrnl.nl (Johannes L. Braams) writes:
>	I'm not going to post it, but I have put it on the LISTSERV at HEARN.
>	The file is called CHNGBARS STY and you can get it by sending a message
>	(either interactive or in a mail) to LISTSERV@HEARN. the command to
>	get it is:
>
>	SEND CHNGBARS STY

I got bounced mail when I tried this address.  Does anyone know of a full
path, another way to do the changebars, or another site that may have
something similar?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Steve McCoole | uunet!acd4!smm / smm@acd4.acd.com
Applied Computing Devices, Inc.

braams@pttrnl.nl (Johannes L. Braams) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb6.152157.13599@acd4.acd.com>, smm@acd4.acd.com
( Steve McCoole       ) writes:
>>	(either interactive or in a mail) to LISTSERV@HEARN. the command to
>>	get it is:
>>
>>	SEND CHNGBARS STY
>>
> I got bounced mail when I tried this address.  Does anyone know of a full
> path, another way to do the changebars, or another site that may have
> something similar?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

	Have you tried LISTSERV@HEARN.bitnet ?
	Anyway, the file has been sent to the archive at Aston, so you
	might try there.
--

dhosek@freke.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb13.110146.64983@pttrnl.nl>, braams@pttrnl.nl (Johannes L. Braams) writes:
> In article <1991Feb6.152157.13599@acd4.acd.com>, smm@acd4.acd.com
> ( Steve McCoole       ) writes:
>>>	(either interactive or in a mail) to LISTSERV@HEARN. the command to
>>>	get it is:

>>>	SEND CHNGBARS STY

>> I got bounced mail when I tried this address.  Does anyone know of a full
>> path, another way to do the changebars, or another site that may have
>> something similar?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

> 	Have you tried LISTSERV@HEARN.bitnet ?
> 	Anyway, the file has been sent to the archive at Aston, so you
> 	might try there.

And to think, Johannes, that you had it put on ymir and forgot?
Yeesh, so much for cutting needless trans-Atlantic net-traffic.

ymir.claremont.edu::[anonymous.tex.inputs.latex-contrib]changebars.sty

---
Don Hosek   To retrieve files from ymir via the    | dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu
            mailserver, send a message to          | Quixote TeX Consulting
            mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu with a     | 714-625-0147
            line saying send [DIRECTORY]FILENAME
            where DIRECTORY is the FTP directory (sans "anonymous") and
            FILENAME is the filename, e.g. "send [tex]00readme.txt". There is
            a list of files in each directory under the name 00files.txt
            Binary files are not available by this technique.