[comp.text.tex] Print TeX source in doc: How?

david@mobius.msri.org (David Mostardi) (02/19/91)

I want to print TeX source code in a TeX document
(like Knuth does in the TeXbook to show examples of
TeX source).  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
David

David Mostardi			      "Where the coffee is strong,
Systems Administrator		          the cat is good-looking,
MSRI, Berkeley CA	   and all the theorems are above-average."

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (02/19/91)

In article <10016@dog.ee.lbl.gov>, david@mobius.msri.org (David Mostardi) writes:
> I want to print TeX source code in a TeX document
> (like Knuth does in the TeXbook to show examples of
> TeX source).  Is there an easy way to do this?

I presume plain TeX. There are macros for verbatim code both in
the source and input from elsewhere (mostly derived from items in
the TeXbook, btw) in [anonymous.tex.inputs.plain-contrib] on
ymir.claremont.edu

-dh

---
Don Hosek   To retrieve files from ymir via the    | dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu
            mailserver, send a message to          | Quixote TeX Consulting
            mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu with a     | 714-625-0147
            line saying send [DIRECTORY]FILENAME
            where DIRECTORY is the FTP directory (sans "anonymous") and
            FILENAME is the filename, e.g. "send [tex]00readme.txt". There is
            a list of files in each directory under the name 00files.txt
            Binary files are not available by this technique.