[comp.text.tex] emTeX and coprocessor ?

HAN@FRECP12.BITNET (Jay HAN) (02/22/91)

Hello all,
     I use the emTeX package for IBM-PC quite extensively, but on my 286 it
runs pretty slowly. I would like to know if emTeX's compiler and previewers
(DVIDRV) use a coprocessor if there is one. I might then consider buying one
of those cheap 287 clones.
     Thanks.

                                                     Jay Han
                                                     HAN@FRECP12.BITNET

mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eberhard Mattes) (02/22/91)

Jay Han wrote:
>      I use the emTeX package for IBM-PC quite extensively, but on my 286 it
> runs pretty slowly. I would like to know if emTeX's compiler and previewers
> (DVIDRV) use a coprocessor if there is one. I might then consider buying one
> of those cheap 287 clones.
TeX itself won't run faster with a coprocessor. But the drivers would
run much faster, but they're not using a coprocessor. If someone donates
a 387/33 (or clone), I'll compile the drivers for 387 :-)

--
    Eberhard Mattes (mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de)