[comp.text.tex] Rotating text, tables or figures in TeX or LaTeX

idall@augean.ua.OZ.AU (Ian Dall) (02/24/91)

OK. There is a bug. (Isn't there always...).

In article <894@sibyl.eleceng.ua.OZ> ian@sibyl.eleceng.ua.OZ (Ian Dall) writes:
>Many people ask me to send them my rot.sty file because they don't
>have ftp access. This is still available for anonymous ftp from
>augean.ua.oz.au and if there are any future updates, you will get the
>most up to date by ftp'ing.

The version for ftp has been fixed.

Others can fix it by hand. The definision of \@rotfinish (in rot.sty) should be

\def\@rotfinish{\@escspec{currentpoint currentfont grestore setfont moveto}}

The definision of \rotfinish (in rot.tex) should be

\def\rotfinish{\escspec{currentpoint currentfont grestore setfont moveto}}

Explanation:

The current font needs to be preserved across the grestore. This bug
went unnoticed because often the font from before the gsave is
actually to right one. Sometimes, however, it is not the right one
and (in the case rotating a whole page) may not even be set to
anything in particular.

--
 Ian Dall           life (n). A sexually transmitted disease which afflicts
                              some people more severely than others.