[comp.text.tex] A neat way to include source code in latex?

kishon-amir@CS.YALE.EDU (amir kishon) (02/25/91)

Is there any neat way to include source code (preferably in a figure or
fbox'ed) in a LaTeX document (using something nicer than 'verbatim')?
By the way, the code is in Haskell (A new functional language).

Thanx,

-amir kishon
--
Amir Kishon                                 ARPA:   kishon-amir@cs.yale.edu
Yale University, Computer Science Dept.             kishon-amir@yale.arpa

eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) (02/26/91)

kishon-amir@CS.YALE.EDU (amir kishon) writes:

>Is there any neat way to include source code (preferably in a figure or
>fbox'ed) in a LaTeX document (using something nicer than 'verbatim')?

How would you have it nicer than between
\begin{verbatim} and \end{verbatim}?
Suggest a syntax, and I'll tell you if it feasible.

Victor.

michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) (02/26/91)

Victor> kishon-amir@CS.YALE.EDU (amir kishon) writes:

>Is there any neat way to include source code (preferably in a figure or
>fbox'ed) in a LaTeX document (using something nicer than 'verbatim')?

Victor> How would you have it nicer than between
Victor> \begin{verbatim} and \end{verbatim}?
Victor> Suggest a syntax, and I'll tell you if it feasible.

Why not use "tgrind". It is a (La)TeX version of vgrind of 4.3BSD.
Has a configuration file for many languages. Not perfect, but cute.
There is also a tgrind.sty.
--
      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany