[comp.text.tex] PK to Textures

tvz@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Timothy Van Zandt) (02/28/91)

I am looking for a program running on UNIX or Mac to convert
PK fonts to the Mac font format for use with Textures. Alternately,
a metafont program that generates that format directly would do.

Tim Van Zandt
tvz@princeton.edu

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (03/01/91)

In article <6705@idunno.Princeton.EDU> tvz@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Timothy Van Zandt) writes:
>I am looking for a program running on UNIX or Mac to convert
>PK fonts to the Mac font format for use with Textures. Alternately,
>a metafont program that generates that format directly would do.
>
>Tim Van Zandt
>tvz@princeton.edu

Call Blue Sky Research at (800) 622-8398. Talk to Doug Henderson, the
MF coordinator of the TeX Users Group. As a registered user, you will
be sent a set of MF utilities free of charge (the catch is that these
are MPW tools, so you will need MPW to use them). Included is a
tool to convert pk to Mac fonts.

Gerald Edgar (edgar@mps.ohio-state.edu) distributes a free program
called pktor to do the same conversion.  However, I found that newer
versions of TeXtures will not recognize some of the converted fonts.

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)