your patience and forebearance to those of you who received the proverbial
gownless evening strap.

GDG
Archive-Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1991 12:08:00 CST
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1991 12:39 EST
From: Norman Walsh <NORM@IONAACAD.BITNET>
Subject: \hrules in \headline and \footline?
To: INFO-TEX@SHSU.BITNET

This is probably a simple problem but it gave me some difficulty none
the less ;-)

I'd like to seperate my headlines and footlines from the body of the
page by an \hrule.  However, the combinations of things that I tried
to put in \headline seemed unwilling to make a \vbox out of two \hboxes.
I guess I should say that my attempted solution to the problem was to
create two-line headers and footers and make one of the lines an
\hbox to \hsize{\hrulefil}.

Assuming I've made myself clear ;-) can someone in netland give me a
hint?

                                                         ndw