[comp.text.tex] RTF or MS-Word -> LaTeX via WP

haccme@milton.u.washington.edu (Thomas Ridgeway) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar12.231441.20778@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> archetyp@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Joseph R Pickert) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can find a MS-WORD or RTF to LaTeX converter?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Joe Pickert

This is not what you asked for, nonetheless we get the same
question several times a week, so:

If you have access to software to take MS-Word to WordPerfect,
make it a WP file and run WP2LaTeX, which is good enough for
some purposes;  WordPerfect(5.1)'s own CONVERT program, frinstance,
will convert Word4 files, there are also Word Exchange a.k.a.
WordPerfect Exchange a.k.a. Software Bridge, also Word For Word . . .

It would be fine if someone would write a RTF->TeX converter,
but you are not totally shut out in the meantime.

Cheers,
Tom