[comp.text.tex] HP DJet Driver with special support?

longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) (03/19/91)

Does anyone know where I can get an executable .dvi driver for an
HP DeskJet printer that supports the epic and eepic \special commands?

I need to run one on an Atari ST, but if the source for one is available,
I could compile it up to run.  Do Nelson Beebes' drivers now support specials?

Capt Jeff Long                         Rome Air Development Center
longj@lonex.radc.af.mil                Network Design Laboratory
jlong@cassiopeia.radc.af.mil           (315)330-7751 or (DSN)587-7751

form@pyuxe.UUCP (thomas a rowe) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar19.153221.24272@lonex.radc.af.mil>, longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) writes:
> Does anyone know where I can get an executable .dvi driver for an
> HP DeskJet printer that supports the epic and eepic \special commands?
>
> I need to run one on an Atari ST...

I ordered mine (an executable form of the DeskJet DVI driver) from _Current
Notes_ magazine.  I'm away from home, so I can't provide you with an address.
Give me a call (on the telephone) next week and I can arrange to get something
to you.  The executable is called DVIDSK.PRG.  It was written by a couple of
guys at York University, in Toronto.

Christopher Rath
(613) 594-3026

BTW. I don't normally have access to USENET, so I can't be reached that way.