[comp.text.tex] emTeX fonts

link@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (Richard Link) (11/06/90)

I have ftp'd the various emtex files. Do I need to get the
files in msdos/text-mgmt/TeX/fonts also, or are the fonts
already included in tex*.zip?

If I do need to ftp the fonts, is FX the appropriate one?
I have an Okidata Microline 292 dot matrix printer,
which is IBM Proprinter compatible.

Thanks to all those who replied to my earlier postings.
I never expected to get one from Namibia!

...Rick

jrwsnsr@nmt.edu (Jonathan Watts) (11/28/90)

I'm a new TeX user, and recently downloaded emTeX from terminator.  I'd like
to know which size fonts I need to get for an IBM Proprinter-compatible
printer (240x216 dpi) and CGA graphics.  Thanks!  I have no idea how to use
Metafont (I only have the TeXbook), so I'll need to get the PK files (or
FLI files); does terminator have the sizes I need, and if not, who does?

  - Jonathan Watts

jrwsnsr@jupiter.nmt.edu on the Internet

eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov28.032145.5666@nmt.edu>, jrwsnsr@nmt.edu (Jonathan Watts) writes:
> I'm a new TeX user, and recently downloaded emTeX from terminator.  I'd like
> to know which size fonts I need to get for an IBM Proprinter-compatible
> printer (240x216 dpi) and CGA graphics.
I suggest you re-read the files README.ENG and HELP.ENG.
For the 240x216 dpi fonts, you need the FX fonts.
For the CGA graphics, you can use any of the fonts provided that
you tell dviscr which ones to use.
Have a look at the V.BAT file.  This calls dviscr with the parameter
file LJ.CNF.  Change this to FX.CNF, and dviscr will use the same
ones as your printer.  Add the options /ox3 /oy2 and the displayed
characters will be at a smaller size.

> does terminator have the sizes I need, and if not, who does?
Yes. directory msdos/text-mgmt/TeX/fonts/fli/fx*

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering

juergen@julien.uucp (Juergen Stuber) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov28.032145.5666@nmt.edu> jrwsnsr@nmt.edu (Jonathan Watts) writes:
>I'm a new TeX user, and recently downloaded emTeX from terminator.  I'd like
>to know which size fonts I need to get for an IBM Proprinter-compatible
>printer (240x216 dpi) and CGA graphics.  Thanks!  I have no idea how to use
>Metafont (I only have the TeXbook), so I'll need to get the PK files (or
>FLI files); does terminator have the sizes I need, and if not, who does?
>
>  - Jonathan Watts

Recently there have been quite a few questions about fonts for emtex,
so I'll try to provide some answers.

The emtex package does not include any fonts. They are available
as separate packages for several printers. Here is what the README says:

Further diskettes (only available as HD diskettes)

Font library files (*.fli):

    Name | Resolution| Diskettes | Printers
         | (DPI)     | / Files   | (among others)
    -----+-----------+-----------+-------------------------------------------
    LJ   | 300       |   5 / 8   | HP LaserJet+, DeskJet, Kyocera F-1010
    P6L  | 180       |   3 / 7   | NEC P6, EPSON LQ series, Panasonic KX P1124
    P6M  | 360x180   |   4 / 7   | NEC P6, EPSON LQ series, Panasonic KX P1124
    P6H  | 360       |   6 / 8   | NEC P6, Panasonic KX P1124
    FX   | 240x216   |   4 / 7   | EPSON FX-80, Tandy DMP-130
    ITO  | 160x144   |   3 / 7   | C.ITOH 8510A, Apple Imagewriter

They should also be available on ftp sites.
If you have some other printer, go for the correct resolution.

The other option is to generate the fonts. This is what you have
to do:
1. create a directory C:\NEWFONTS and change to that directory.
   MFJOB will write the fonts into subdirectories of this directory.
   If you want to put them somewhere else, i.e. on another drive,
   you have to edit the files emtex\mfjob\*.mfj.
2. type the command
   MFJOB all m=<mode> <options>
   This will create the bulk of the fonts.

   <mode> specifies for which printer the fonts will be generated.
          There are modes available for the resolutions given above.
          Look into emtex/mfjob/modes.mfj

          Name   | Mode
          -------+------
           LJ    | lj
           P6L   | lql
           P6M   | lqm
           P6H   | lqh
           FX    | fx
           ITO   | ito

   To create your own mode, you have to
   - edit emtex/mfinput/local.mf to create a new mode
   - generate new MetaFont bases containing the mode
     (sorry, I don't remember the exact syntax, something like
      MF PLAIN.INI/I
      MF CM.INI/I
      look into mf.doc)
   - edit emtex/mfjob/modes.mfj to inform mfjob of the new mode

   <options>
      /2  for 286 or above, lets mfjob use mf286, which is faster
      /i  for low resolution fonts (all except LJ and P6H, I think)
          to ignore MetaFont error codes when generating tt fonts

   See mfjob.doc for more details.

3. wait
   ca 100s per font, 11 hours total on a 33MHz 386,
   ca 25min per font, 1.5 Weeks total on an 8MHz XT
   you may interrupt mfjob and restart it later.

   Note:  If your machine is much slower, it may have insufficient memory.
          Make sure there are at least 540K of free memory, otherwise
          MetaFont will start swapping.	Sometimes it even is useful to
          remove an EMM driver, although MF uses EMM. Try it.

4. type the commands
   MFJOB emsy m=<mode> <options>
   MFJOB latex m=<mode> <options>
   This will create a few other fonts.

5. create the font libraries (optional)
   e.g.
   fontlib /c p6h_1800.fli 1800 pixel.p6h\pxl1800 +*.pk
   See fontlib.doc for more details.

   Look into the configuration file for your printer, emtex/<printer>.cfg,
   to see how the font libraries are named. <printer>_rest.fli contains
   fonts for magnification 0.8 and 0.9, these are the two generated by
   MFJOB latex.

Copy the font libraries or, if you don't use font libraries the directory
tree containing the fonts, to an appropriate directory. Set the environment
variable DVIDRVFONTS to this directory.

The previewer will use any fonts you have. Its standard setup is to use the
LaserJet fonts. You have to edit the file emtex\scr.bat, and replace lj.cnf
by the name of the configuration file for your printer. Use /s option to
adjust size.

Hope this helps.

Juergen Stuber
Juergen Stuber (juergen@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de)

gar@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Greg Restall) (02/28/91)

Thanks to all who sent information regarding .fli files.
I got them from monash, and they are now residing on the
PC quite nicely.  Now I have another problem.  When I
try to use the things, I get errors, like that it is
looking for files like lj_1500.fli.  I find this odd,
seeing I have files like lj_n.fli, where n=0 to 6. (And
there is a 5a and 5b, instead of just one.)  Along
with that, the distribution says that there are 8 files
on 5 HD disks.  I've got 9 files.  Is the problem that
the lj_5.fli file must be stuck back together?  If so,
how?  And why on earth is it looking for files I haven't
got?  As you can tell, I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone have an answer?

Greg Restall.

xiaofei@acsu.buffalo.edu (Xiaofei Wang) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.230222.4402@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU> gar@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Greg Restall) writes:
* Thanks to all who sent information regarding .fli files.
* I got them from monash, and they are now residing on the
* PC quite nicely.  Now I have another problem.  When I
* try to use the things, I get errors, like that it is
* looking for files like lj_1500.fli.  I find this odd,
* seeing I have files like lj_n.fli, where n=0 to 6. (And
* there is a 5a and 5b, instead of just one.)  Along
* with that, the distribution says that there are 8 files
* on 5 HD disks.  I've got 9 files.  Is the problem that
* the lj_5.fli file must be stuck back together?  If so,
* how?  And why on earth is it looking for files I haven't
* got?  As you can tell, I'm a bit confused.
*
* Does anyone have an answer?
*
* Greg Restall.

This is version problem. You have different version of
TeX and Fonts. Where do you get emTeX?

Along the new version distribution, there are newfonts.bat
and oldfonts.bat files. I will post both of them. An easy solution
is to go to the author's machine and ftp all the lastest
emTeX programs and fonts.

the following is newfonts.bat:

@echo off
rem newfonts.bat
if "%1" == "" goto usage
if not "%2" == "" goto usage
if exist %1 goto start
echo Font list file %1 not found
goto end

:usage
echo Convert all font library files in the current directory to the new format
echo
echo Usage:
echo     newfonts fontlist
echo
echo The argument must be the path name of the font list file distributed
echo with emTeX. Example:
echo     newfonts d:\emtex\fontlist
echo
echo Be sure that you have at least 1.2 MB free disk space on the current drive!
goto end

:start
:lj_0
if not exist lj_1500.fli goto lj_h
echo Converting lj_1500.fli to lj_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_1500 lj_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_1500.bak
:lj_h
if not exist lj_1643.fli goto lj_1
echo Converting lj_1643.fli to lj_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_1643 lj_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_1643.bak
:lj_1
if not exist lj_1800.fli goto lj_2
echo Converting lj_1800.fli to lj_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_1800 lj_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_1800.bak
:lj_2
if not exist lj_2160.fli goto lj_3
echo Converting lj_2160.fli to lj_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_2160 lj_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_2160.bak
:lj_3
if not exist lj_2592.fli goto lj_4
echo Converting lj_2592.fli to lj_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_2592 lj_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_2592.bak
:lj_4
if not exist lj_3110.fli goto lj_5a
echo Converting lj_3110.fli to lj_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_3110 lj_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_3110.bak
:lj_5a
if not exist lj_3732a.fli goto lj_5b
echo Converting lj_3732a.fli to lj_5a.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_3732a lj_5a
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_5a
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_3732a.bak
:lj_5b
if not exist lj_3732b.fli goto fx_0
echo Converting lj_3732b.fli to lj_5b.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_3732b lj_5b
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_5b
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_3732b.bak
:fx_0
if not exist fx_1200.fli goto fx_h
echo Converting fx_1200.fli to fx_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_1200 fx_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_1200.bak
:fx_h
if not exist fx_1315.fli goto fx_1
echo Converting fx_1315.fli to fx_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_1315 fx_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_1315.bak
:fx_1
if not exist fx_1440.fli goto fx_2
echo Converting fx_1440.fli to fx_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_1440 fx_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_1440.bak
:fx_2
if not exist fx_1728.fli goto fx_3
echo Converting fx_1728.fli to fx_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_1728 fx_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_1728.bak
:fx_3
if not exist fx_2074.fli goto fx_4
echo Converting fx_2074.fli to fx_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_2074 fx_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_2074.bak
:fx_4
if not exist fx_2488.fli goto fx_5
echo Converting fx_2488.fli to fx_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_2488 fx_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_2488.bak
:fx_5
if not exist fx_2986.fli goto p6l_0
echo Converting fx_2986.fli to fx_5.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_2986 fx_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_2986.bak
:p6l_0
if not exist p6l_900.fli goto p6l_h
echo Converting p6l_900.fli to p6l_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_900 p6l_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_900.bak
:p6l_h
if not exist p6l_986.fli goto p6l_1
echo Converting p6l_986.fli to p6l_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_986 p6l_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_986.bak
:p6l_1
if not exist p6l_1080.fli goto p6l_2
echo Converting p6l_1080.fli to p6l_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_1080 p6l_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_1080.bak
:p6l_2
if not exist p6l_1296.fli goto p6l_3
echo Converting p6l_1296.fli to p6l_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_1296 p6l_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_1296.bak
:p6l_3
if not exist p6l_1555.fli goto p6l_4
echo Converting p6l_1555.fli to p6l_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_1555 p6l_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_1555.bak
:p6l_4
if not exist p6l_1866.fli goto p6l_5
echo Converting p6l_1866.fli to p6l_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_1866 p6l_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_1866.bak
:p6l_5
if not exist p6l_2239.fli goto p6m_0
echo Converting p6l_2239.fli to p6l_5.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_2239 p6l_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_2239.bak
:p6m_0
if not exist p6m_1800.fli goto p6m_h
echo Converting p6m_1800.fli to p6m_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_1800 p6m_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_1800.bak
:p6m_h
if not exist p6m_1972.fli goto p6m_1
echo Converting p6m_1972.fli to p6m_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_1972 p6m_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_1972.bak
:p6m_1
if not exist p6m_2160.fli goto p6m_2
echo Converting p6m_2160.fli to p6m_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_2160 p6m_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_2160.bak
:p6m_2
if not exist p6m_2592.fli goto p6m_3
echo Converting p6m_2592.fli to p6m_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_2592 p6m_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_2592.bak
:p6m_3
if not exist p6m_3110.fli goto p6m_4
echo Converting p6m_3110.fli to p6m_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_3110 p6m_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_3110.bak
:p6m_4
if not exist p6m_3732.fli goto p6m_5
echo Converting p6m_3732.fli to p6m_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_3732 p6m_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_3732.bak
:p6m_5
if not exist p6m_4479.fli goto p6h_0
echo Converting p6m_4479.fli to p6m_5.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_4479 p6m_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_4479.bak
:p6h_0
if not exist p6h_1800.fli goto p6h_h
echo Converting p6h_1800.fli to p6h_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_1800 p6h_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_1800.bak
:p6h_h
if not exist p6h_1972.fli goto p6h_1
echo Converting p6h_1972.fli to p6h_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_1972 p6h_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_1972.bak
:p6h_1
if not exist p6h_2160.fli goto p6h_2
echo Converting p6h_2160.fli to p6h_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_2160 p6h_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_2160.bak
:p6h_2
if not exist p6h_2592.fli goto p6h_3
echo Converting p6h_2592.fli to p6h_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_2592 p6h_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_2592.bak
:p6h_3
if not exist p6h_3110.fli goto p6h_4
echo Converting p6h_3110.fli to p6h_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_3110 p6h_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_3110.bak
:p6h_4
if not exist p6h_3732.fli goto p6h_5
echo Converting p6h_3732.fli to p6h_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_3732 p6h_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_3732.bak
:p6h_5
if not exist p6h_4479.fli goto p6h_r
echo Converting p6h_4479.fli to p6h_5.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_4479 p6h_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_4479.bak
:p6h_r
if not exist p6h_rest.fli goto ito_0
echo Converting p6h_rest.fli to p6h_r.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_rest p6h_r
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_r
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_rest.bak
:ito_0
if not exist ito_800.fli goto ito_h
echo Converting ito_800.fli to ito_0.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_800 ito_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_0
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_800.bak
:ito_h
if not exist ito_876.fli goto ito_1
echo Converting ito_876.fli to ito_h.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_876 ito_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_h
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_876.bak
:ito_1
if not exist ito_960.fli goto ito_2
echo Converting ito_960.fli to ito_1.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_960 ito_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_960.bak
:ito_2
if not exist ito_1152.fli goto ito_3
echo Converting ito_1152.fli to ito_2.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_1152 ito_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_2
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_1152.bak
:ito_3
if not exist ito_1382.fli goto ito_4
echo Converting ito_1382.fli to ito_3.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_1382 ito_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_3
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_1382.bak
:ito_4
if not exist ito_1659.fli goto ito_5
echo Converting ito_1659.fli to ito_4.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_1659 ito_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_4
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_1659.bak
:ito_5
if not exist ito_1991.fli goto done
echo Converting ito_1991.fli to ito_5.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_1991 ito_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_5
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_1991.bak
:done
echo Done
goto end

:error
echo *** An error has occured!!!
:end

the following is oldfonts.bat:

@echo off
rem oldfonts.bat
if "%1" == "" goto usage
if not "%2" == "" goto usage
if exist %1 goto start
echo Font list file %1 not found
goto end

:usage
echo Convert all font library files in the current directory to the old format
echo
echo Usage:
echo     oldfonts
echo
echo Be sure that you have at least 1.2 MB free disk space on the current drive!
goto end

:start
:lj_1500
if not exist lj_0.fli goto lj_h
echo Converting lj_0.fli to lj_1500.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_0 lj_1500
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_1500
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_0.bak
:lj_1643
if not exist lj_h.fli goto lj_1
echo Converting lj_h.fli to lj_1643.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_h lj_1643
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_1643
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_h.bak
:lj_1800
if not exist lj_1.fli goto lj_2
echo Converting lj_1.fli to lj_1800.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_1 lj_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_1.bak
:lj_2160
if not exist lj_2.fli goto lj_3
echo Converting lj_2.fli to lj_2160.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_2 lj_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_2.bak
:lj_2592
if not exist lj_3.fli goto lj_4
echo Converting lj_3.fli to lj_2592.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_3 lj_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_3.bak
:lj_3110
if not exist lj_4.fli goto lj_5a
echo Converting lj_4.fli to lj_3110.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_4 lj_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_4.bak
:lj_3732a
if not exist lj_5a.fli goto lj_5b
echo Converting lj_5a.fli to lj_3732a.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_5a lj_3732a
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_3732a
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_5a.bak
:lj_3732b
if not exist lj_5b.fli goto fx_0
echo Converting lj_5b.fli to lj_3732b.fli
fontlib /2 /b300 /f%1 lj_5b lj_3732b
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 lj_3732b
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del lj_5b.bak
:fx_1200
if not exist fx_0.fli goto fx_h
echo Converting fx_0.fli to fx_1200.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_0 fx_1200
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_1200
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_0.bak
:fx_1315
if not exist fx_h.fli goto fx_1
echo Converting fx_h.fli to fx_1315.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_h fx_1315
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_1315
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_h.bak
:fx_1440
if not exist fx_1.fli goto fx_2
echo Converting fx_1.fli to fx_1440.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_1 fx_1440
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_1440
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_1.bak
:fx_1728
if not exist fx_2.fli goto fx_3
echo Converting fx_2.fli to fx_1728.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_2 fx_1728
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_1728
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_2.bak
:fx_2074
if not exist fx_3.fli goto fx_4
echo Converting fx_3.fli to fx_2074.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_3 fx_2074
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_2074
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_3.bak
:fx_2488
if not exist fx_4.fli goto fx_5
echo Converting fx_4.fli to fx_2488.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_4 fx_2488
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_2488
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_4.bak
:fx_2986
if not exist fx_5.fli goto p6l_0
echo Converting fx_5.fli to fx_2986.fli
fontlib /2 /b240 /f%1 fx_5 fx_2986
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 fx_2986
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del fx_5.bak
:p6l_900
if not exist p6l_0.fli goto p6l_h
echo Converting p6l_0.fli to p6l_900.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_0 p6l_900
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_900
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_0.bak
:p6l_986
if not exist p6l_h.fli goto p6l_1
echo Converting p6l_h.fli to p6l_986.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_h p6l_986
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_986
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_h.bak
:p6l_1080
if not exist p6l_1.fli goto p6l_2
echo Converting p6l_1.fli to p6l_1080.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_1 p6l_1080
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_1080
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_1.bak
:p6l_1296
if not exist p6l_2.fli goto p6l_3
echo Converting p6l_2.fli to p6l_1296.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_2 p6l_1296
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_1296
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_2.bak
:p6l_1555
if not exist p6l_3.fli goto p6l_4
echo Converting p6l_3.fli to p6l_1555.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_3 p6l_1555
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_1555
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_3.bak
:p6l_1866
if not exist p6l_4.fli goto p6l_5
echo Converting p6l_4.fli to p6l_1866.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_4 p6l_1866
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_1866
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_4.bak
:p6l_2239
if not exist p6l_5.fli goto p6m_0
echo Converting p6l_5.fli to p6l_2239.fli
fontlib /2 /b180 /f%1 p6l_5 p6l_2239
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6l_2239
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6l_5.bak
:p6m_1800
if not exist p6m_0.fli goto p6m_h
echo Converting p6m_0.fli to p6m_1800.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_0 p6m_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_0.bak
:p6m_1972
if not exist p6m_h.fli goto p6m_1
echo Converting p6m_h.fli to p6m_1972.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_h p6m_1972
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_1972
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_h.bak
:p6m_2160
if not exist p6m_1.fli goto p6m_2
echo Converting p6m_1.fli to p6m_2160.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_1 p6m_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_1.bak
:p6m_2592
if not exist p6m_2.fli goto p6m_3
echo Converting p6m_2.fli to p6m_2592.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_2 p6m_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_2.bak
:p6m_3110
if not exist p6m_3.fli goto p6m_4
echo Converting p6m_3.fli to p6m_3110.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_3 p6m_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_3.bak
:p6m_3732
if not exist p6m_4.fli goto p6m_5
echo Converting p6m_4.fli to p6m_3732.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_4 p6m_3732
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_3732
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_4.bak
:p6m_4479
if not exist p6m_5.fli goto p6h_0
echo Converting p6m_5.fli to p6m_4479.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6m_5 p6m_4479
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6m_4479
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6m_5.bak
:p6h_1800
if not exist p6h_0.fli goto p6h_h
echo Converting p6h_0.fli to p6h_1800.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_0 p6h_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_1800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_0.bak
:p6h_1972
if not exist p6h_h.fli goto p6h_1
echo Converting p6h_h.fli to p6h_1972.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_h p6h_1972
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_1972
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_h.bak
:p6h_2160
if not exist p6h_1.fli goto p6h_2
echo Converting p6h_1.fli to p6h_2160.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_1 p6h_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_2160
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_1.bak
:p6h_2592
if not exist p6h_2.fli goto p6h_3
echo Converting p6h_2.fli to p6h_2592.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_2 p6h_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_2592
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_2.bak
:p6h_3110
if not exist p6h_3.fli goto p6h_4
echo Converting p6h_3.fli to p6h_3110.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_3 p6h_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_3110
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_3.bak
:p6h_3732
if not exist p6h_4.fli goto p6h_5
echo Converting p6h_4.fli to p6h_3732.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_4 p6h_3732
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_3732
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_4.bak
:p6h_4479
if not exist p6h_5.fli goto p6h_r
echo Converting p6h_5.fli to p6h_4479.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_5 p6h_4479
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_4479
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_5.bak
:p6h_rest
if not exist p6h_r.fli goto ito_0
echo Converting p6h_r.fli to p6h_rest.fli
fontlib /2 /b360 /f%1 p6h_r p6h_rest
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 p6h_rest
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del p6h_r.bak
:ito_800
if not exist ito_0.fli goto ito_h
echo Converting ito_0.fli to ito_800.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_0 ito_800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_800
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_0.bak
:ito_876
if not exist ito_h.fli goto ito_1
echo Converting ito_h.fli to ito_876.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_h ito_876
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_876
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_h.bak
:ito_960
if not exist ito_1.fli goto ito_2
echo Converting ito_1.fli to ito_960.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_1 ito_960
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_960
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_1.bak
:ito_1152
if not exist ito_2.fli goto ito_3
echo Converting ito_2.fli to ito_1152.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_2 ito_1152
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_1152
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_2.bak
:ito_1382
if not exist ito_3.fli goto ito_4
echo Converting ito_3.fli to ito_1382.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_3 ito_1382
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_1382
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_3.bak
:ito_1659
if not exist ito_4.fli goto ito_5
echo Converting ito_4.fli to ito_1659.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_4 ito_1659
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_1659
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_4.bak
:ito_1991
if not exist ito_5.fli goto done
echo Converting ito_5.fli to ito_1991.fli
fontlib /2 /b160 /f%1 ito_5 ito_1991
if errorlevel 1 goto error
fontlib /t /f%1 ito_1991
if errorlevel 1 goto error
del ito_5.bak
:done
echo Done
goto end

:error
echo *** An error has occured!!!
:end
--
xiaofei@acsu.buffalo.edu / rutgers!ub!xiaofei / v118raqa@ubvms.bitnet

rjl@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.230222.4402@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU>, gar@lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Greg Restall) writes:
> When I try to use the things, I get errors, like that it is
> looking for files like lj_1500.fli.
You have an old version of the emTeX dvi drivers.  Get the new
version from the same place you got the .fli files.

> I find this odd,
> seeing I have files like lj_n.fli, where n=0 to 6. (And
> there is a 5a and 5b, instead of just one.)
The old .fli files used pxl sizes.  The news .fli files use
magstep sizes.  lj_0.fli contains all the magstep 0 fonts.

> Along with that, the distribution says that there are 8 files
> on 5 HD disks.  I've got 9 files.  Is the problem that
> the lj_5.fli file must be stuck back together?
No.  The 9th file is a new one called lj_sli.fli (lj_6.fli does not exist).
This contains the SliTeX visible fonts.

--

mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Eberhard Mattes) (02/28/91)

> Along the new version distribution, there are newfonts.bat
> and oldfonts.bat files. I will post both of them. An easy solution
> is to go to the author's machine and ftp all the lastest
> emTeX programs and fonts.
>
> the following is newfonts.bat:
This file (and oldfonts.bat) is of no use without the
new version of fontlib.exe.
And the new version of fontlib.exe comes with newfonts.bat
and oldfonts.bat.

font libraries named LJ_1500.FLI and so on.
If you're using dvidrv 1.4d, use the font libraries
named LJ_0.FLI and so on. If you have the old libraries,
you can convert them to the new format, see readme.eng
(of 25-Sep-90) for details.

--
    Eberhard Mattes (mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de)

gouvea@zariski.harvard.edu (Fernando Gouvea) (03/22/91)

I'm trying to install the emTeX dvidot.exe driver, but seem to have only
part of the required font files.  The driver asks for p6h_5.fli; the ones I
have are p6h_i.fli for i=0,1,2,3,4,h,r.  Can anyone tell me where to locate
the missing file?

				Fernando Q. Gouvea
				gouvea@heac.mast.queensu.ca