[comp.text.tex] Official new lplain and splain files

nbeck@weber.ucsd.edu (Nathaniel Beck) (03/25/91)

In digest <9103242137.AA19987@june.cs.washington.edu> TeXhax@cs.washington.edu writes:

>The new versions of the files lplain.tex and splain.tex that have been
>changed by Frank Mittelbach and myself to make them usable both with
>TeX 2.x and TeX 3.x have been included into the official LaTeX
>distribution at LaBrea.Stanford.edu.  I have placed them into the
>LATEX FILELIST at listserv@dhdurz1 as well.

>Rainer Sch\"opf
>DANTE coordinator for server machines

Could you post a list of the major changes from the older lplain
(which I assume is version 2.09). I am sure you have done this
before, but I confess I haven't seen it. As always the question is
whether it is worth it to upgrade.

Many thanks

Neal

--