[comp.text.tex] TeX under VMS 5.4

djbailey@skyler.mavd.honeywell.com (03/27/91)

We are upgrading our VAX system to VMS 5.4. I have been asked to find out
if there are any known problems with TeX or LaTeX under VMS 5.4. I am
very much a TeX novice and don't have time to run any tests myself.

We have TeX82 from Arbortext Inc.

-- Don J. Bailey

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar26.164025.73@skyler.mavd.honeywell.com>, djbailey@skyler.mavd.honeywell.com writes:
> We are upgrading our VAX system to VMS 5.4. I have been asked to find out
> if there are any known problems with TeX or LaTeX under VMS 5.4. I am
> very much a TeX novice and don't have time to run any tests myself.

> We have TeX82 from Arbortext Inc.

Don't know about the Arbortext implementation but the public
domain version (available from DECUS, Stanford,
ymir.claremont.edu and other locations) works fine under 5.4;
unless AT does something weird, theirs would presumably also run
fine.

-dh

--
Don Hosek                  | To retrieve files from ymir via the mailserver,
dhosek@ymir.claremont.edu  | send a message to mailserv@ymir.claremont.edu

wyman@blumon.enet.dec.com (Bob Wyman) (03/28/91)

I use TeX from the DECUS tape on VMS 5.4 every day and have had absolutely
no problems. It works like a dream as long as I pay attention to the manual.

Bob Wyman		       |   Internet:   wyman@blumon.enet.dec.com

-------