[comp.text.tex] how do I get a *different* footer on each page?

gerry@seq1.keele.ac.uk (G.D.Pratt) (04/02/91)

Does anyone know a way of getting a *different* footer, or header,
printed on each page in LaTeX depending on the page number? This is going to
be "Keep going" on Page 1,  "There's more" on Page 2 and  "Read my lips"
on Page 3, etc, just as a gimmick. I've read the threepart.sty and
fancyheadings.sty files which allow an odd/even setup but I really
need something that says "footer page 1 = bla bla bla".
I thought it might be done by creating an array of text out of
which I extract the footer for each page using \thepage to index in.
Is this sort of thing possible in LaTeX?

any help much appreciated,
gerry
--
gerry pratt  --  workstation support  --  university of keele
email:  gerry@seq1.keele.ac.uk   *   tel:  0782 621111 x 3290

appel@ocf.Berkeley.EDU (Shannon D. Appel) (04/03/91)

In article <1044@keele.keele.ac.uk> gerry@seq1.keele.ac.uk (G.D.Pratt) writes:
>Does anyone know a way of getting a *different* footer, or header,
>printed on each page in LaTeX depending on the page number? This is going to
>be "Keep going" on Page 1,  "There's more" on Page 2 and  "Read my lips"
>on Page 3, etc, just as a gimmick. I've read the threepart.sty and

Try something like this:
\headline={\ifnum\pageno=1\headline1 \else
           \ifnum\pageno=2\headline2 \else
           \ifnum\pageno=3\headline3}
\def\headline1{\bf There's More}
\def\headline2{\bf Read my lips}