[comp.text.tex] LARGE \int and \sum in LaTeX: need help

salvy@rully.inria.fr (Bruno Salvy) (04/03/91)

   I'm  unable  to get  \int and \sum  of the  proper size using LaTeX
\LARGE fonts in art12 (that makes it \xxpt), they look much too small.
Any  help    would be appreciated,  even  at  the postscript  level if
necessary.

                                        B.S.

kgs@axiom.maths.uq.oz.au (Ken Smith) (04/08/91)

In article <SALVY.91Apr3175840@rully.inria.fr> salvy@rully.inria.fr (Bruno Salvy) writes:

>   I'm  unable  to get  \int and \sum  of the  proper size using LaTeX
>\LARGE fonts in art12 (that makes it \xxpt), they look much too small.
>Any  help    would be appreciated,  even  at  the postscript  level if
>necessary.
>
>                                        B.S.

The problem is that all the style files for LaTeX use ONE SIZE ONLY of
the mathe extension font for symbols such as \int and \sum.

Look at xxpt in lfonts.tex and you will find that \fam\thr@@ uses tenex
for textfont, scriptfont snd scriptscriptfont.

This is a problem in sizes other than \LARGE - tenex is used throughout
in \fam\thr@@

If you want the problem fixed you will have to either persuade your
system administrator to change lfonts.tex, or write your own
mylfonts.sty (based on lfonts.tex) and add it as an option -
\documentstyle [mylfonts]{article}

Hope this helps

Ken Smith