[comp.text.tex] doublespace.sty

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (dhosek) (03/02/90)

Hi, it's me again. The grouch of LaTeX propriety.

Remember what I said? Something along the lines of "you don't want to
put anything in the LaTeX file which gives visual information?" Well
doublespace.sty is a horrible violation of this rule, and what's more,
the results it gives are *shitty*. Try putting a quotation into single
spacing sometime using it. Hmm isn't the space on one side of the quotation
a bit off?

Things like this are properly part of the document style and, let me add,
are not a too trivial addition. I am developing a sample style, paper.sty
which will meet the requirements for the formatting of a typical
undergraduate paper which I promise I will post as an example of how to
do this to this list.

-dh

P.S. Anyone caught putting \begin{single}..\end{single} into a document
directly will be ferruled three times for each occurrence of that
environment.

--
Important note: The Anti-Social Committee will not be meeting this
                week.

ce3wa3bh@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Eric Ho) (03/26/91)

I want to format double space in my latex file.  I have a copy of
'doublespace.sty', but I am too stupid that I don't know how to use
it.  For example, I don't know how what commands should be inserted
inside the text in order to format doublespace, I don't know how
to switch back to single space.  Could someone helps!

Thanks a lot, thanks a thousand, million...

--
Cheers,                                                9041477@mcmaster.bitnet
Eric Ho					       ce3wa3bh@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

cbar41@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (04/10/91)