[comp.text.tex] When will we see patches for TeX 3.14?

cmj851@csc.anu.edu.au (Richard Walker) (04/10/91)

When can we expect to see patches on labrea to the web2c TeX set,
to take it to TeX 3.14?  (I tried blindly applying the DIFFS
files, but this fails disastrously!)
--
Richard Walker                            (walrmath@durras.anu.edu.au)
Department of Computer Science

d_husek@biivax.dp.beckman.com (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr10.221218.1@csc.anu.edu.au>, cmj851@csc.anu.edu.au (Richard Walker) writes:
> When can we expect to see patches on labrea to the web2c TeX set,
> to take it to TeX 3.14?  (I tried blindly applying the DIFFS
> files, but this fails disastrously!)

The VMS changes will be available towards the end of the month;
the delay is due to some other changes to the functionality of
the system being installed (in particular, support for the large
German hyphenation patterns and a few other items). For those who
can't wait for the new change file, modifying the change file's
references to 3.1 in the banner to read 3.14 should be sufficient
for a stopgap change file. Note that this will NOT require a
change to the change file version number.

-dh