[comp.text.tex] Latex spellchecker

shark@cs.uq.oz.au (Greg Norman) (04/15/91)

Does anyone out there know of the existence of some sort of spell checker for
LaTeX. I do quite large documents and they are a pain to spellcheck by hand.
| Computer Science Department,        | shark@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au       |
| University of Queensland, Australia.| "BACK OFF MAN ! I'm a scientist !"|

shark@cs.uq.oz.au (Greg Norman) (04/16/91)

If anyone wants to know the answer I am posting it soon as another article

dfr@usna.NAVY.MIL (Prof. David F. Rogers) (04/17/91)

In article <832@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> shark@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
!If anyone wants to know the answer I am posting it soon as another article

I have found that the best spellchecker for TeX on a PC is MicroSpell
by Trigram. Works really well and is reasonably priced--about $50-60.

Dave Rogers

spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) (04/17/91)

In <792@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> shark@cs.uq.oz.au (Greg Norman) writes:

>Does anyone out there know of the existence of some sort of spell checker for
>LaTeX. I do quite large documents and they are a pain to spellcheck by hand.
>--
>| Computer Science Department,        | shark@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au       |
>| University of Queensland, Australia.| "BACK OFF MAN ! I'm a scientist !"|

Greg,

on unix one uses delatex | spell or something similar (look at the tape)
on ms-dos one can use timo salmi's  tschek11 and add the latex commands
from latex.tex into the ascci wordlist. works very well (anybody got a
decent (quick) ascii sorter?)
One can do same with MicroSpell of MicroEmacs fame (merge the commands
with dmerge compress the new file wit cdict) on ms-dos unix and lots of
other operating systems.

regards, el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse       (spel@hippo.ru.ac.ZA)
Katatura State Hospital     (formerly extel@quagga.ru.ac.za)

hughes@burma.csee.usf.edu (Ken Hughes) (04/24/91)

n article <spel.671904109@hippo>, spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) writes:
|> In <792@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> shark@cs.uq.oz.au (Greg Norman) writes:
|>
|> >Does anyone out there know of the existence of some sort of spell
|> checker for
|> >LaTeX. I do quite large documents and they are a pain to spellcheck
|> by hand.
|> >--

Get ispell from bulldog.cs.yale.edu.

	Ken Hughes 		|
   (hughes@sol.csee.usf.edu)	|    "..... corn nuts ........."
FT-Ph D student, PT-ex-sysadm	|
  Dept of Comp Sci and Eng	|   	.... _Heathers_
 University of South Florida	|