[comp.text.tex] Problems with Ispell?

mariam@unocss.unomaha.edu (mariam) (04/28/91)

(Ken Hughes) writes:

>Get ispell from bulldog.cs.yale.edu.

I got ispell from ymir.claremont.edu but I notice
that it sometimes misbehaves in a very strange way.

In particular, when I  used it to spell check
a file with about 1,700 lines and many misspelled
words (actually many acronyms), it acted very
stangely when I asked to "I"nsert the misspelld
words into my personal dictionary. The lines that
are shown at the bottom of the screen were no longer
readable and cursor's position was not recognizable;
so I had to halt the program.

Has anyone had such an experience? (Again, the file I
spelled check had many misspelled words in.)