[comp.text.tex] Latex and today

raman@CS.Cornell.EDU (T. V. Raman) (05/10/91)

There seems to be a bug in TeX and by implication in LaTeX.
The \today command seems to get the Date as per GMT and not according
to the local time.

Thus on our system,  if you use \today after 20:00,  the date printed
is the next day's,  not the current date.

--Raman
--
|			      T.V.Raman                                       |
|       311 Sage Hall Ex:5-7626        ||      5162 Upson Hall Ex:5-7421     |

eijkhout@s41.csrd.uiuc.edu (Victor Eijkhout) (05/10/91)

raman@CS.Cornell.EDU (T. V. Raman) writes:

>There seems to be a bug in TeX and by implication in LaTeX.
>The \today command seems to get the Date as per GMT and not according
>to the local time.

Any reasonable implementation of TeX merely uses
some system clock of you computer. Have you
checked if one of those is not a couple of
hours off?

Victor.