[comp.text.tex] .bst file for Phys. Rev. & Phys. Rev. Lett.

guan@mont.cs.missouri.edu (Guan Hsu) (05/15/91)

   I wander if anyone can tell me where to find a .bst file for Phys.
Rev. and Phys. Rev. Lett.    I know, they don't take submission by TeX files
and they use their own typesetting system (wonder why?), but I still rather
write my papers in TeX.   Thanks in advance!

Guan-Hsong Hsu    (guan@chicone.cs.misoouri.edu)

xiaofei@EINSTEIN.PHYSICS.BUFFALO.EDU (Xiaofei Wang) (05/16/91)

guan@mont.cs.missouri.edu write:
*
*    I wander if anyone can tell me where to find a .bst file for Phys.
* Rev. and Phys. Rev. Lett.

Both clarkson and labrea have this. Personally I like apalike.bst
better than any other beast files. alpha.bst gives something like
Knu86 which looks very silly, does Knuth 86 look better and more
respectable?

* I know, they don't take submission by TeX files
* and they use their own typesetting system (wonder why?), but I still rather
* write my papers in TeX.   Thanks in advance!

This is incorrect. TeX-Info has RevTeX. Where did you get the info that
they don't take submission by TeX files ?
--
xiaofei@acsu.buffalo.edu / rutgers!ub!xiaofei / v118raqa@ubvms.bitnet

phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Stephen Harker) (05/16/91)

In article <guan.674322402@mont>, guan@mont.cs.missouri.edu (Guan Hsu) writes:

>    I wander if anyone can tell me where to find a .bst file for Phys.
> Rev. and Phys. Rev. Lett.    I know, they don't take submission by TeX files
> and they use their own typesetting system (wonder why?), but I still rather
> write my papers in TeX.   Thanks in advance!

	APS does in fact take TeX input for Phys. Rev. A, B, C, & D and may
have expanded it to include Phys. Rev. Lett. by now.  You need their own macro
package for TeX called REVTEX, it is now up to version 2.0 and now allows use
of BibTeX - read the documentation for more information.  RevTeX is designed
for email submissions to APS journals.

	You can get REVTEX direct from APS by mailing to

wbytex@apsedoff.bitnet

or from several of the ftp sites including Labrea.  I believe there was an
announcement in comp.text.tex to that effect a few days ago.  RevTeX is also
available through a listserv on bitnet, though I don't have the address handy.

--
Stephen Harker			phs172m@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Monash University		Baloney baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell

sullivan@msor.exeter.ac.uk (Rob Sullivan) (05/18/91)

Phys. Rev. provide the REVTEX package to help with the electronic
submission of papers in TeX? This is now compatible with programs like
bibtex.
--
- - - -
Robert Sullivan           JANET    : sullivan@uk.ac.exeter.msor

"One must be open-minded --
 --but not so open-minded that one's brains fall out."