[comp.text.tex] tfm,gf -> TeXtures fonts

murphy@hao.hao.ucar.edu (Murphy) (05/17/91)

This is probably a FAQ, but ...

Is there any method available for translating a standard
Tex font into the format TeXtures uses on the macintosh?

I have a logo which has its own tfm and gf files and it
is needed on a macintosh running TeXtures. However, I don't
have a metafont description. Does anyone know if tools
exist to perform the desired translation?

Alternatively, can anyone show me (a metafont novice) how
to translate a bitmapped image into an mf file? I don't
have the time to learn metafont, so quick and dirty is fine.

Graham Murphy

High Altitude Observatory
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000. Ph:(303)497-1565; Fax:(303)497-1137.
INTERNET: murphy@hao.UCAR.EDU; Solar PO: GMurphy@SOLAR

barry@reed.UUCP (Barry Smith) (05/20/91)

In article <11446@ncar.ucar.edu> murphy@hao.hao.ucar.edu (Murphy) writes:
>Is there any method available for translating a standard
>Tex font into the format TeXtures uses on the macintosh?

Tools running under MPW (Macintosh Programmer Workshop) to convert from
.PK format to standard Macintosh FOND/NFNT format (the format used by
Textures) are available at no charge from:

 Blue Sky Research
 534 SW Third Avenue
 Portland, OR 97204
 800/622-8398, 503/222-9571