[comp.text.tex] How do I convert EPS to PS?

sinkwitz@ifi.unizh.ch (Rainer Sinkwitz) (05/21/91)

When trying to use ghostscript to view and convert some EPS images
exported from FreeHand no errors occur but nothing is shown. The
problem seems to lie in the position and size of the BoundingBox.

If you look at the header:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
%%Creator: FreeHand
%%Title: t1lx
%%CreationDate: 21.5.1991 8:37 Uhr
%%BoundingBox: 805 65 2185 2867
%%DocumentProcSets: FreeHand_header 2 0
%%DocumentSuppliedProcSets: FreeHand_header 2 0
%%ColorUsage: Color
%%DocumentCustomColors: (Forestgreen)

When I import the drawing into FrameMaker and print the page into
a file, ghostscript displays the correct results.

My Question: Is there a EPS-to-PS filter program (e.g. to execute in Unix)
of the form: epstops new-x new-y new-width new-height < epsfile > psfile

Please respond by e-mail since I don't read this group regularly.

Thank you...
--

Rainer Sinkwitz            | E-mail: sinkwitz@ifi.unizh.ch
Dept. of Computer Science  |    sinkwitz%ifi.unizh.ch@relay.eu.net

ajcd@cs.ed.ac.uk (Angus Duggan) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May21.131549.2192@ifi.unizh.ch>, sinkwitz@ifi.unizh.ch (Rainer Sinkwitz) writes:
> When trying to use ghostscript to view and convert some EPS images
> exported from FreeHand no errors occur but nothing is shown. The
> problem seems to lie in the position and size of the BoundingBox.

> My Question: Is there a EPS-to-PS filter program (e.g. to execute in Unix)
> of the form: epstops new-x new-y new-width new-height < epsfile > psfile

The program "epsffit" from my PS utilities collection (psutils) fits an EPSF
file to a new bounding box. The utilities were posted to alt.sources on 10
April, and should be available in alt.sources archives.

> Rainer Sinkwitz            | E-mail: sinkwitz@ifi.unizh.ch
> Dept. of Computer Science  |    sinkwitz%ifi.unizh.ch@relay.eu.net
> University of Zuerich      |     {backbone}!mcsun!unizh!sinkwitz

a.
--
Angus Duggan, Department of Computer Science,	| I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam.
University of Edinburgh, JCMB,			| JANET:  ajcd@uk.ac.ed.lfcs