[comp.text.tex] spell checking

brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (05/20/91)

 I know this has been asked recently (I didn't scribble it down when I
should've, and now it's come to haunt me), but...

 Could someone point me to a spell-checker that can spellcheck TeX
and/or LaTeX documents?

 Thanks..

Brendan

--
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan@cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone

pravin@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (05/20/91)

In a previous article brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:

> Could someone point me to a spell-checker that can spellcheck TeX
>and/or LaTeX documents?

I use ispell.  It works well with (La)TeX documents.  You can get it
from a number of ftp sites.

pravin

--
This program posts news to billions of machines throughout the galaxy.
Your message will cost the net enough to bankrupt your entire planet, and

dfr@usna.NAVY.MIL (Prof. David F. Rogers) (05/22/91)

In article <5JV+SGH@cs.widener.edu> brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:
!>
!> Could someone point me to a spell-checker that can spellcheck TeX
!>and/or LaTeX documents?

Microspell by Trigram Systems, 5849 Northumberland St., Pittsburgh, PA
15217, Tel: 412 422-8976

It's good.

Dave Rogers

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (05/24/91)

In article <5JV+SGH@cs.widener.edu> brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:
!>
!> Could someone point me to a spell-checker that can spellcheck TeX
!>and/or LaTeX documents?

These sites are proported to carry ispell (use anonymous FTP)

bulldog.cs.yale.edu                128.36.0.3
cs.columbia.edu                    128.59.16.20
csab.larc.nasa.gov                 128.155.26.10
titan.rice.edu                     128.42.1.30

ispell has TeX/LaTeX specific options.