[comp.text.tex] latex and idraw

cjm1@harvey.gte.com (Christopher Matheus) (06/04/91)

I seem to recall about a month ago someone described a package that
produces idraw-compatible postscript from latex thereby permitting one
to do things like write equations in latex and include them into idraw
figures.  Can anyone tell me whether such a package exists and where I
can find it?

Thanks,
Chris Matheus
GTE Laboratories Inc.
matheus@gte.com

beck@CS.Cornell.EDU (Micah Beck) (06/04/91)

cjm1@harvey.gte.com (Christopher Matheus) writes:

> I seem to recall about a month ago someone described a package that
> produces idraw-compatible postscript from latex thereby permitting one
> to do things like write equations in latex and include them into idraw
> figures.  Can anyone tell me whether such a package exists and where I
> can find it?

What you want is to use Fig or XFig, and the TransFig back end translated
with the pstex output option.  You can get Fig and TransFig from
ftp.cs.cornell.edu:pub/transfig, and XFig is part of the X11 contributed
software distribution.

Micah Beck
Cornell University