[comp.text.tex] Latex vbox warnings

gor@cs.strath.ac.uk (Gordon Russell) (05/30/91)

Hi there...

   I am hoping someone can help me with a Latex problem.
I am working on a layout for my PhD Thesis, and have Standford's
suthesis.sty style. I am also using fancyheadings.sty.

   I am forced into using 1.5 spaced lines, and have made the baselineskip
equal to 1.5. However, whenever I use my stylefile, I continually get
overfull vbox warnings (by 8.4pts). This is annoying, but I cannot remove
the fault.

   I am using rep11.sty and a report style.

Thanx...Gordon Russell, University of Strathclyde

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (06/06/91)

 GR>    I am hoping someone can help me with a Latex problem.
 GR> I am working on a layout for my PhD Thesis, and have Standford's
 GR> suthesis.sty style. I am also using fancyheadings.sty.

 GR>    I am forced into using 1.5 spaced lines, and have made the baselineskip
 GR> equal to 1.5. However, whenever I use my stylefile, I continually get
 GR> overfull vbox warnings (by 8.4pts). This is annoying, but I cannot remove
 GR> the fault.

You have to increase the \headheight or \footskip lengths or both (with
\addtolength or \setlength).
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.