[comp.text.tex] Thanks

neubauer@bsu-ucs.uucp (Paul Neubauer) (09/15/90)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help.

In article <40940@bsu-ucs.uucp>, neubauer@bsu-ucs.uucp (Paul Neubauer) writes:
> In article <1471@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl>, chooft@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Rob Hooft) writes:

>>>You haven't given us the original command you used to run Metafont, so this
>>>is just a guess, but did you specify a mode (something like "mode=imagen")
>>>on the command line?  If not, MF is creating huge (proof-mode) characters,
>>>and may very well be running out of memory.

> I have now also tried it with a mode specification on the
> command line to see if that made a difference.  It did not.  Metafont crashed
> again at the same place with the same message.  The command I used was:
>
> 	CM WSUIPA10 MODE=LN

The real solution turned out to be that I had to put the mode specification
into the FILE.  I added the line:

	mode:=localfont;

to the top-level .mf files and it is now chugging away at generating the .gf
files.  I will soon try to make the .pk files and then will have an opportunity
to see if it all worked out, but it looks like it should.  Thanks all.

====
    Paul Neubauer    00prneubauer@bsu-ucs.uucp  or  00PRNEUBAUER@BSUVAX1.BITNET
                     neubauer@bsu-cs.uucp
                     {backbones}!iuvax!bsu-cs!neubauer

<GHGAQZ4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be> (03/28/91)

Thanks for all your reply's about the fancyheadings.sty. I got
it know and it works fine.

   Jorrit Tyberghein

warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Archie Warnock) (06/13/91)

My thanks to all who pointed out my creeping dyslexia in trying to nab
the beta version of emTeX386.  I've got it now.

(are there really nodes rusvm1 _and_ rusmv1 at uni-stuttgart??  Whew!)

-- Archie Warnock                     Internet:  warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
-- ST Systems Corp.                   SPAN:      STARS::WARNOCK
-- NASA/GSFC                          "Unix - JCL for the 90s"