[comp.text.tex] emTeX - what's happening in Stuttgart

warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Archie Warnock) (06/11/91)

Are there some changes going on at rusvm1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de?  It
doesn't seem to accept anonymous logins any more (the username seems to
be truncated as "ANONYMOU", and it's not recognized).  I wanted to give
the newest 386 emTeX beta a workout.  Is there an alternate site to get
the test version from?

-- Archie Warnock                     Internet:  warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
-- ST Systems Corp.                   SPAN:      STARS::WARNOCK
-- NASA/GSFC                          "Unix - JCL for the 90s"

mattes@AZU.INFORMATIK.UNI-STUTTGART.DE (Eberhard Mattes) (06/12/91)

> Are there some changes going on at rusvm1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de?  It
> doesn't seem to accept anonymous logins any more (the username seems to
> be truncated as "ANONYMOU", and it's not recognized).

Use username 'ftp' instead.

    Eberhard Mattes (mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de)

hartnegg@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Klaus Hartnegg) (06/12/91)

warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Archie Warnock) writes:

>Are there some changes going on at rusvm1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de?  It
>doesn't seem to accept anonymous logins any more (the username seems to
>be truncated as "ANONYMOU", and it's not recognized).  I wanted to give
>the newest 386 emTeX beta a workout.  Is there an alternate site to get
>the test version from?

There are two different computers in Stuttgart with very
similar names: rusmv1 and rusvm1. EmTeX is on rusmv1.
                  --         --                  ==
Klaus Hartnegg, Kleist-Str. 7, D-7835 Teningen, Germany | include standard
Bitnet : hartnegg@dfrruf1 or hartnegg@cernvm            | disclaimer here!
Internet : hartnegg@ibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de             |

Schoepf@SC.ZIB-BERLIN.DBP.DE (Rainer Schoepf) (06/12/91)

   From: Eberhard Mattes <mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>

   > Are there some changes going on at rusvm1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de?  It
   > doesn't seem to accept anonymous logins any more (the username seems to
   > be truncated as "ANONYMOU", and it's not recognized).

   Use username 'ftp' instead.

       Eberhard Mattes (mattes@azu.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de)

No, use hostname rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de instead!

Rainer Sch"opf

texinfo1@rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (Rainer Schoepf) (06/13/91)

In article <5616@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>Are there some changes going on at rusvm1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de?  It
>doesn't seem to accept anonymous logins any more (the username seems to
>be truncated as "ANONYMOU", and it's not recognized).  I wanted to give
>the newest 386 emTeX beta a workout.  Is there an alternate site to get
>the test version from?

>-- Archie Warnock                     Internet:  warnock@stars.gsfc.nasa.gov
>-- ST Systems Corp.                   SPAN:      STARS::WARNOCK
>-- NASA/GSFC                          "Unix - JCL for the 90s"

Use the correct hostname: rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de.

Rainer