[comp.text.tex] Footnotes and figures at end of document?

ashwin@gatech.edu (Ashwin Ram) (06/13/91)

1. How do I get LaTeX to put all footnotes at the end of the document, rather
than at the bottom of the pages on which they are cited?

2. How do I get LaTeX to put all figures at the end of the document, one to a
page, rather than in the text near where they are cited?  (I know about
\begin{figure}[p], but though that puts figures on a figure-only page it does
not float all such pages to the end of the document.)

Thanks,

-- Ashwin (ashwin@cc.gatech.edu)

Bjorn.B.Larsen@delab.sintef.no (Bjorn B. Larsen) (06/13/91)

In article <1528@mephisto.gatech.edu> ashwin@gatech.edu (Ashwin Ram) writes:

>   2. How do I get LaTeX to put all figures at the end of the document, one to a
>   page, rather than in the text near where they are cited?  (I know about
>   \begin{figure}[p], but though that puts figures on a figure-only page it does
>   not float all such pages to the end of the document.)
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   -- Ashwin (ashwin@cc.gatech.edu)

How about collecting all your figures towards the end of your file?

That is:
	1: Complete your text
	2: \clearpage
	3: [\begin{figure}[p]
	    \end{figure}] ...

If you want to assure that you get only one figure on each page, insert a
\clearpage between the figures.

Good luck,

Bjorn

               s-mail:                 e-mail:
|   |   |      Bjorn. B. Larsen        bjorn.b.larsen@delab.sintef.no
|__ |__ |      SINTEF DELAB
|  \|  \|      N-7034 TRONDHEIM        tel: +47-7-592682 / 592600
|__/|__/|_     NORWAY                  fax: +47-7-594302

smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) (06/13/91)

Bjorn.B.Larsen@delab.sintef.no (Bjorn B. Larsen) writes:

>In article <1528@mephisto.gatech.edu> ashwin@gatech.edu (Ashwin Ram) writes:

>>2. How do I get LaTeX to put all figures at the end of the document, one to a
>  page, rather than in the text near where they are cited?  (I know about
>> \begin{figure}[p], but though that puts figures on a figure-only page it does
>> not float all such pages to the end of the document.)

>How about collecting all your figures towards the end of your file?

>That is:
>	1: Complete your text
>	2: \clearpage
>	3: [\begin{figure}[p]
>	    \end{figure}] ...

Very nice idea, but when your input file is large, LaTeX chockes on too
many unprocessed floats, I think due to referencing to the figures.
Any better solutions?

						Patrick van der Smagt