[comp.text.tex] dvips font searching

garzione@convex.com (Michael Garzione) (06/13/91)

The search continues.....
I've gotten a number of reponses [thanks!] on how to use TeX math mode with
postscript fonts, etc., etc.  I've decided to use postscript fonts
for font families 0 and 1 and create cm fonts for families 2 and 3 in the
right sizes of cmsy and cmex with metafont.  So far so good.  What I need
to do now is tell dvips what directories to search for the fonts it can't
find.  I've got the directory in my TEXFONTS env. var., but that doesn't
seem to work.  Do I need to do some sort of installation?  Thanks.

Mike

In <garzione.676827945@convex.convex.com> garzione@convex.com (Michael Garzione) writes:

>The search continues.....
>I've gotten a number of reponses [thanks!] on how to use TeX math mode with
>postscript fonts, etc., etc.  I've decided to use postscript fonts
>for font families 0 and 1 and create cm fonts for families 2 and 3 in the
>right sizes of cmsy and cmex with metafont.  So far so good.  What I need
>to do now is tell dvips what directories to search for the fonts it can't
>find.  I've got the directory in my TEXFONTS env. var., but that doesn't
>seem to work.  Do I need to do some sort of installation?  Thanks.

thanks to Gerald Edgar for pointing out the TEXPKS env. var.  (It _is_ in
the dvips man page .... (too bad I didn't find it before posting)