[comp.text.tex] emTeX -- dviscr problem

boone@athena.cs.uga.edu (Roggie Boone) (06/13/91)

I am having trouble with dviscr.exe in emTeX.  I have a document that
I want to preview on screen.  I have set up a batch file for dviscr that
has the following in it:

   dviscr /oa3 /sx4/sy2 /pl=e:\hpfonts\newlib.fli

(newlib.fli contains ALL the HP fonts that came with emTeX -- about
 6MB worth).

Now when I run this batch file and enter the name of the document,
some fonts are loaded OK, but then I get the following error:

   warning 1205: font cmr10 [\emtex\pixel.lj\$rdpi\cmr10<328.63353>]
     not found

I just figured that I didn't have that font in the newlib.fli file,
but when I print this file with the command:

   dvihplj @lj.cnf /po=prn /pl=e:\hpfonts\newlib.fli

I don't get any error messages and the document prints fine!

I have read the documentation for emTeX several times trying to figure out
the problem.  I have only been using emTeX (and TeX in general) for about
a week.  Is there some other option I should be using for dviscr that I
have overlooked?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh, is there a FAQ ftp site for this group?

Roggie Boone
boone@athena.cs.uga.edu

spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse) (06/15/91)

In <1991Jun13.132909.25619@athena.cs.uga.edu> boone@athena.cs.uga.edu (Roggie Boone) writes:

>I am having trouble with dviscr.exe in emTeX.  I have a document that
>I want to preview on screen.  I have set up a batch file for dviscr that
>has the following in it:

>   dviscr /oa3 /sx4/sy2 /pl=e:\hpfonts\newlib.fli

>(newlib.fli contains ALL the HP fonts that came with emTeX -- about
> 6MB worth).

>Now when I run this batch file and enter the name of the document,
>some fonts are loaded OK, but then I get the following error:

>   warning 1205: font cmr10 [\emtex\pixel.lj\$rdpi\cmr10<328.63353>]
>     not found

>I just figured that I didn't have that font in the newlib.fli file,
>but when I print this file with the command:

>   dvihplj @lj.cnf /po=prn /pl=e:\hpfonts\newlib.fli

>I don't get any error messages and the document prints fine!

>I have read the documentation for emTeX several times trying to figure out
>the problem.  I have only been using emTeX (and TeX in general) for about
>a week.  Is there some other option I should be using for dviscr that I
>have overlooked?

put those /pl commands into the LJ.CNF file and call it like you did for
dvihplj also for the previewer

DVISCR @LJ.CNF ...

This works for me.

Read the doc file DVIDRV.DOC about the /pl /pf paths options.

regards, el

--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse       (spel@hippo.ru.ac.ZA)
Katatura State Hospital     (formerly extel@quagga.ru.ac.za)