[comp.text.tex] dviselect on MS-DOS

schoen@ghost.unimi.it (06/13/91)

Is there any executable version of dviselect for MS-DOS, or any other
program which lets you select single pages or ranges out of a dvi file?
I have tried dvidvi but it seems unable to print, e.g., the 3rd, 50th
and last page of a 100 pages document.

| Fabio Schoen                                      e-mail:                 |
| Dipartimento di Scienze della Informazione        schoen@ghost.unimi.it   |
| via Moretto da Brescia, 9                         schoen@imiucca.unimi.it |
| I-20133 Milano (ITALY)                                                    |

teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.154854.25548@ghost.unimi.it> schoen@ghost.unimi.it writes:
>Is there any executable version of dviselect for MS-DOS, or any other
>program which lets you select single pages or ranges out of a dvi file?

I use DVI2DVI by Peter Sawatzki.  It works very well, fast, and comes
as a compiled binary for DOS.  Documentation in German, and on-line
help screen in English.  Public domain.

I can't remember where I got it, but since you have the name, you can
probably track it down in one of the archives, or via ARCHIE.

A 1989 bitnet address for Peter was fe617@dhafeu11.

Dominik

jon@sed.stel.com (Jon Radel) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun14.102734.9268@ioe.lon.ac.uk> teexdwu@ioe.lon.ac.uk (DOMINIK WUJASTYK) writes:
>In article <1991Jun13.154854.25548@ghost.unimi.it> schoen@ghost.unimi.it writes:
>>Is there any executable version of dviselect for MS-DOS, or any other
>>program which lets you select single pages or ranges out of a dvi file?
>
>I use DVI2DVI by Peter Sawatzki.  It works very well, fast, and comes
>as a compiled binary for DOS.  Documentation in German, and on-line
>help screen in English.  Public domain.
>
>I can't remember where I got it, but since you have the name, you can
>probably track it down in one of the archives, or via ARCHIE.

It is also available on the MS-DOS floppies that are distributed by
TUG.  Contact them at tug@math.ams.com for current ordering information.

--
--Jon Radel                                jon@radel.com
  P.O. Box 2276                            uupsi!radel!jon