[comp.text.tex] structograms

dachauer@ztivax.UUCP (Reimund Dachauer) (06/13/91)

If I consider the abilities of TeX and LaTeX I think it should be possible
to write a macro-package for printing structograms (Nassi-Shneiderman). This
would include environments for different loops, alternativs, statements etc.
and all the necessary scaling and formatting of the text in the boxes.

  However I am not an absolut Tex-guru and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
Probably this has already been written a few times. One version would be enough
for me. So if anybody has seen or heard of such a macro package or wants
to write one :-) he should mail to me.
I will summarize all inputs

Thomas Pfoertner	     UUCP:     pft%master10@ztivax.uucp
Siemens AG                   Internet: pft%master10@ztivax.siemens.com
Corporate Research & Development
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
D-8000 Muenchen 83           Tel:      (089) 636 45347

johannes@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Braams J.L.) (06/21/91)

dachauer@ztivax.UUCP (Reimund Dachauer) writes:

>If I consider the abilities of TeX and LaTeX I think it should be possible
>to write a macro-package for printing structograms (Nassi-Shneiderman). This
>would include environments for different loops, alternativs, statements etc.
>and all the necessary scaling and formatting of the text in the boxes.

>  However I am not an absolut Tex-guru and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>Probably this has already been written a few times. One version would be enough
>for me. So if anybody has seen or heard of such a macro package or wants
>to write one :-) he should mail to me.
>I will summarize all inputs
	Today I uploaded the file NASSFLOW UUE to LISTSERV@HEARN.
	It contains exactly what you ask for. Available are two
	LaTeX style option files, flow.sty and nassi.sty. Also
	included are the manual pages.

	The file NASSFLOW UUE is a UUencoded ZOO archive and can be obtained
	be sending the command GET NASSFLOW UUE to LISTSERV@HEARN.

    Regards,

	Johannes Braams