[comp.text.tex] Refer to BibTex format

lyn@cs.sfu.ca (Lyn Bartram) (06/27/91)

I seem to remember hearing a rumour, lo these many moons ago, of a tool to
convert bibliography files in "refer" format to BibTex format.  IS there
such a thing, and if there is, (how) can i obtain it?

lyn@cs.sfu.ca	Lyn Bartram
		Computer Graphics Research Lab
		Simon Fraser University
		Burnaby, BC, CANADA

smoot@roger-rabbit.Berkeley.EDU (Stephen [Steve] R Smoot) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun27.042443.14856@cs.sfu.ca>, lyn@cs.sfu.ca (Lyn Bartram) writes:
> I seem to remember hearing a rumour, lo these many moons ago, of a tool to
> convert bibliography files in "refer" format to BibTex format.  IS there
> such a thing, and if there is, (how) can i obtain it?
> lyn@cs.sfu.ca	Lyn Bartram

Its a FAQ.

>    refer/Tib - There are a few programs for converting bibliographic data
>      between BibTeX and refer/Tib formats.  They are available via
>      anonymous ftp from ftp.ai.mit.edu
                          a change ferom the last FAQ I read.
>                                       in the
>       directory pub/refer-to-bibtex.  In spite of the directory name,
>       it also contains a  shell script to convert BibTeX to REFER as
>       well. This collection is maintained by
>       Thomas M. Breuel (tmb@ai.mit.edu).

-s