[comp.periphs.scsi] Buying Naked 8mm SCSI Drives -- Summary

scs@iti.org (Steve Simmons) (03/16/90)

I got several positive responses on my request for info about naked
8mm drives.

David Clapp (clapp@chip.UUCP) reports their purchasing department bought
some "from one of the classic distributors - Hamilton/Avnet or Arrow or
somebody.  That was months ago for about $2600."

Robert K.A.W. Henkel <henkel@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote

> Cranel Inc.  Has them.  I think they are around $2900 each or less.
>	their number is 614-433-0045

I've had no personal experience with H/A, Arrow, or Anthem.  I have
purchased things from Cranel before and been very happy with their
performance.  Usual disclaimers apply.

Many thanks to all who responded.