[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI Specification

adp@moscom.UUCP (Alan Percy) (03/19/90)

If the SCSI specification is available electronically, how about
posting it?  If it's too large, then break it up over a few days.

With the size of the games that come over some of the other news
groups, the SCSI spec will seem insignificant.

jlohmeye@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (03/22/90)

In article <2036@moscom.UUCP> adp@moscom.UUCP (Alan Percy) writes:

>If the SCSI specification is available electronically, how about
>posting it?  If it's too large, then break it up over a few days.
>
>With the size of the games that come over some of the other news
>groups, the SCSI spec will seem insignificant.

Just because others use (waste?) bandwidth is not a good reason to post
large documents with limited interest.  Both SCSI-1 and SCSI-2 documents
can be obtained electronically.  You may either call the SCSI BBS at
316-636-8700 or you may follow the directions in the following article
from Mark Seiffert.  (Mark probably still has the Rev 10b SCSI-2 files as
I just finished posting them yesterday.)

------------------- cut here ------------------------------------------------
Last Changed:	Sun Feb 18 14:08:54 CST 1990

This is a periodic posting of information about the mgse archive server
and the available files from the SCSI-bbs, including SCSI, ESDI, IPI,
and Fiber Channel documents from the standards committees.

Thanks to John Lohmeyer of NCR, a majority of the SCSI related files from the
SCSI BBS are now available from the mgse mail archive server. These files were
sent to me by Mr. Lohmeyer at his expense so that more people would have access
to them. The SCSI BBS (316-636-8700) contains a large amount of data relating
to SCSI, and ESDI as well as SCSI-2, IPI, and Fiber Channel, as well as the
last revision of the SCSI-1 standard before it went to publication by ANSI. If
you are interested in finding out what is available from the archive server,
send the message that follows to archive@mgse and you will get back an index
of names and descriptions and a unix style ls -lR listing of filenames and
sizes.

- cut here -----------------------------------------------------------------
help
send other/scsi-bbs/list
send other/scsi-bbs/index
- cut here -----------------------------------------------------------------

if you are interested in the SCSI Version 1, Revision 17B document, have
the bbs send other/scsi-bbs/area07/17b.zip in addition to the index and list
by including these lines at the end of the above message;

- cut here -----------------------------------------------------------------
set uuencode
send other/scsi-bbs/area07/17b.zip
- cut here -----------------------------------------------------------------

There files are also available for anonymous uucp at 504-467-1069,
2400 baud, login 'archive' in /archive/other/scsi-bbs. Callers at
300 or 1200 baud will have to send a break.

Thanks John!

Sun Feb 18 13:58:10 CST 1990, The Fiber Channel file area has been updated
with more files from the SCSI BBS.

--
Archive Server Deamon,  Metairie, LA.
uucp:           rex.cs.tulane.edu!mgse!archived or rex!mgse!archived

--
John Lohmeyer         J.Lohmeyer@Wichita.NCR.COM
NCR Corp.             uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!entec!jlohmeye