[comp.periphs.scsi] Phone number for Imprimis...

kenton@space.mit.edu (Kenton C. Phillips) (08/08/90)

Thanks to those who responded to my request for Imprimis' phone number.
As was pointed out, Imprimis is now owned by Seagate.  Hey, who can keep
track of such things?  (Apparently everybody but me.  Oh, well.)

So I called them, and they said that the drive should be under warranty,
based on the date associated with the serial number, but that I should talk
to the vendor from whom I bought it.  I called up Sun, the vendor, and they
said there was only a 90 day warranty.  The disk, and the machine it came
with, is about 11 months old.

I called Imprimis back, and they said that whatever warranty period
the vendor offers is all you get.  Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

I seem to recall hearing about other people going direct to the
manufacturer and getting the full warranty coverage offered by said
manufacturer.  But perhaps I am mistaken.

Anyway, they said they would repair this Wren IV drive for $580.
(With a 90-day warranty.)  That's half what Sun wanted, but I don't know
how long it would take to get the repaired drive back.

Thanks again your assistance, Net-people.
--
Kenton C. Phillips
Computer Systems Manager

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (08/09/90)

kenton@space.mit.edu (Kenton C. Phillips) writes:

>Anyway, they said they would repair this Wren IV drive for $580.
>(With a 90-day warranty.)  That's half what Sun wanted, but I don't know
>how long it would take to get the repaired drive back.

I just picked up a pair of Wren IV's and am wondering what went bad
on yours?

            uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
     Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 lines/PEP/HST/Hayes-V)