[comp.periphs.scsi] HP Disks For Sale

lampi@polari.UUCP (Michael Lampi) (06/29/90)

I've got a couple of 'just out of the box' HP 97548SF disk drives for sale.
Fully working, 5 year warranty (from HP), bare drives. (Cabinets & cables, etc.
available if necessary.)   $2300 OBO.  UPS COD or prepaid only. (206) 641-3941

Michael

scs@iti.org (Steve Simmons) (07/03/90)

wayne@teemc.UUCP (Michael R. Wayne) replies:
>	Hey, we sell these for $2200 brand new (same conditions)!  If you are
>going to buy some of these, I would suggest trying to argue him down . . .

These drive have been showing up new in the back pages of PC week for $2050.

lampi@polari.UUCP (Michael Lampi) (08/01/90)

According to Schweber Electronics (an authorized HP disk vendor), the list
price of the HP 97548SF 662 megabyte (formatted capacity) SCSI 5-1/4 inch
winchester is $3030.

I have some drives available (originally asking $2300 OBO), willing to sell
for $2000 with full 5 year warranty (same terms and conditions as if you bought
them direct). This is less (by far :-( !) than what I had to pay for them.
Terms are C.O.D., shipped via UPS. Immediate availability!

Call Michael at (206) 641-3941.

wcc1@ra.MsState.Edu (Bill Chapman) (08/01/90)

In <2264@polari.UUCP> lampi@polari.UUCP (Michael Lampi) writes:

>According to Schweber Electronics (an authorized HP disk vendor), the list
>price of the HP 97548SF 662 megabyte (formatted capacity) SCSI 5-1/4 inch
>winchester is $3030.

>I have some drives available (originally asking $2300 OBO), willing to sell
>for $2000 with full 5 year warranty (same terms and conditions as if you bought

Please note, however, that HP has an educational price list from which
staff and departments can buy, and it is generally 50% of list.  This
means that the educational price of this thing would be $1515.  Again,
this is for those on the net that qualify, so your price may be very
good for the general public.
--
Bill Chapman	             |(601) 325-2042     |(601) 325-FAXX - fax
103 Lee Hall - Box 1262      |wcc1@Ra.MsState.Edu|

wayne@teemc.UUCP (Michael R. Wayne) (08/11/90)

In article <2264@polari.UUCP> lampi@polari.UUCP (Michael Lampi) writes:
>According to Schweber Electronics (an authorized HP disk vendor), the list
>price of the HP 97548SF 662 megabyte (formatted capacity) SCSI 5-1/4 inch
>winchester is $3030.
>
>I have some drives available (originally asking $2300 OBO), willing to sell
>for $2000 with full 5 year warranty (same terms and conditions as if you bought
>them direct). This is less (by far :-( !) than what I had to pay for them.
>Terms are C.O.D., shipped via UPS. Immediate availability!

	These are not really new and not really used right?  Your asking price
is only $200 less than we sell them for at TMC (like who buys ANYthing at
list price anymore?).  You are only giving a 10% price break on the drives,
still pretty steep.  It's sad that you overpaid when you bought them but,
if you REALLY want to sell these, you ought to be asking $1300-$1500.  I'm
assuming that the seal on the outer box has been broken.

/\/\ \/\/
--
Michael R. Wayne      ---     TMC & Associates      --- wayne@teemc.tmc.mi.org
         Operator of the only 240 Horsepower UNIX machine in Michigan