[comp.periphs.scsi] CAM Committee?

jhl@eecae.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) (09/05/90)

Somewhere out there there is an industry consortium working on
standardizing SCSI software driver interfaces. I believe the committee's
name is SCSI-2 CAM Committee.

Can anyone provide me with:
	1) the correct name
	2) contact information
	3) where to get the information they are generating

Advance thanx,
--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl@frith.egr.msu.edu

jlohmeye@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (09/08/90)

In article <1990Sep5.143133.15188@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jhl@eecae.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
>Somewhere out there there is an industry consortium working on
>standardizing SCSI software driver interfaces. I believe the committee's
>name is SCSI-2 CAM Committee.
>
>Can anyone provide me with:
>	1) the correct name

SCSI-2 CAM Committee is close enough, although they have a tendency to
omit the "SCSI-2"..

>	2) contact information

Dal Allan (408) 867-6630 chairs this group.  He is winding up the CAM
Committee and they are submitting their work to X3T9.2, the committee
that developed SCSI-2.  The vote to approve this project closed today
and I haven't heard the results, but I expect it was approved.

>	3) where to get the information they are generating

You can pay Dal for a paper copy or you can download the latest draft
document from the SCSI BBS at 316-636-8700.  It is several WordStar (tm)
files in a ZIP file.  You can also download PKZ110.EXE there to unZIP
it and there are utilities available to help convert the WordStar files
to your favorite format.  It helps if you have access to a PC -- Sorry
if that is a dirty word to you :-)

>Advance thanx,

You are welcome,
--
John Lohmeyer         J.Lohmeyer@Wichita.NCR.COM
NCR Corp.             uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!entec!jlohmeye