[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI cable extender?

pfh@craycos.com (Peter Hill) (09/06/90)

Are there SCSI cable extenders on the market?  I'm looking for a way
to run a 50-foot cable between a SCSI device and a single-ended SCSI
controller (i.e. a standard built-in Sun or Solbourne controller).

I will post a summary of any e-mail I receive.  Thanks.

Peter Hill                    pfh@craycos.com               +1 719 540 4259
Cray Computer Corporation, 1110 Bayfield Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80906

cgn@leo.UUCP (Chris Nieves) (09/09/90)

In article <1990Sep5.224224.2145@craycos.com>, pfh@craycos.com (Peter Hill) writes:
> Are there SCSI cable extenders on the market?  I'm looking for a way
> to run a 50-foot cable between a SCSI device and a single-ended SCSI
> controller (i.e. a standard built-in Sun or Solbourne controller).

Rancho Technology in CA has a single-end to differential converter.  If
you buy two, connecting the differential side of each board with your fifty
foot cable, it just might work. Their number is (714) 987-3966.

We've used this product to extend a single-end bus but did not do a lot
of testing to see how reliable it was.  We've also use this product to
attach a single-end tape to a differential host.

Chris Nieves
UUCP : ccicpg!leo!cgn  or cgn@leo.ccicpg
USPS : ICL North America, 9801 Muirlands Blvd., Irvine, CA 92718-2521
PHONE: (714) 458-7282