[comp.periphs.scsi] Wangtek grabs units 0-7 ?

devil@techunix.BITNET (Gil Tene) (09/18/90)

Hello SCSIfolk,

I am having some trouble with a new Wangtek QIC-150 SCSI tape drive.
It seems to be grabbing units 0-7, and having it anywhere on the SCSI
bus causes problems ranging from no SCSI to a little noise.

I remember reading some similar complaints around here, and don't remember
what the solution (if any) was.

Would some kind soul PLEASE help me out ?

AdvThanks,

Gil.
| Gil Tene                      "Some days it just doesn't pay     |
| devil@techunix.technion.ac.il   to go to sleep in the morning."  |

als@bohra.cpg.oz (Anthony Shipman) (09/19/90)

In article <9783@discus.technion.ac.il>, devil@techunix.BITNET (Gil Tene) writes:
> Hello SCSIfolk,
>
> I am having some trouble with a new Wangtek QIC-150 SCSI tape drive.
> It seems to be grabbing units 0-7, and having it anywhere on the SCSI
> bus causes problems ranging from no SCSI to a little noise.
>
> I remember reading some similar complaints around here, and don't remember
> what the solution (if any) was.
>
> Would some kind soul PLEASE help me out ?
>
> AdvThanks,
>
> Gil.

I posted a similar complaint (the first one?).  In my case it grabbed ids 1-7.
I had a disk drive at id 0. Do you have any other SCSI devices?

The only solution I tried was the brute force one of returning the drive and
getting my money back. I have seen some people mention that they are using the
drive successfully with 386/ix 2.2.

Perhaps it's a firmware bug?

Perhaps people with these drives would post their firmware revision numbers
and whether or not the drive works for them (and on what OS etc)?
--
Anthony Shipman                               ACSnet: als@bohra.cpg.oz.au
Computer Power Group