[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI and SCSI-2 Specs

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (10/29/90)

In article <1990Oct27.220730.26162@ecn.purdue.edu> songer@orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu (Christopher M Songer) writes:
>Hi,
>     Where can I get a copy of the scsi and scsi-2 spec? Thanks,
>
>Chris
>songer@ecn.purdue.edu

The SCSI-BBS files stored on the mgse archive server have been moved
and are now available for anonymous FTP. They are not available from
any mail server that i am aware of. Here is the notice of their location.

These files were sent to me by John Lohmeyer, sysop of the SCSI BBS
(316-636-8700). Most of the files from the BBS are here, available
from Tulane University (rex.cs.tulane.edu, 129.81.132.1) via anonymous FTP.

Things are arranged like the bbs, files for a particular subject are in a
sub-directory named after the Bulletin Board's file area.

Questions concerning the SCSI archives on rex.cs.tulane.edu should be sent
to marks%mgse@rex.cs.tulane.edu. There are no restriction on the hours that
you can use to FTP (at this time).

Here is the list of available file areas. All files are located
in pub/scsi/ and are stored compressed, zip'ped or arc'ed.

file area	Contents
---------------	---------------------------------------
area01/*	X3T9.2 General Information
area02/*	Communications Software
area04/*	NBS SCSI Verification Tests
area05/*	X3T9.2 Recent Documents (Current Year)
area06/*	Miscellaneous Files
area07/*	SCSI-1 Revision 17B Text Files
area08/*	SCSI-2 Draft Standard Text Files
area11/*	SCSI-2 AutoCAD Figures
area13/*	SCSI-2 Common Access Method File Area
area14/*	IPI files
area16/*	ESDI Document and Related Files
area17/*	Fiber Channel File Area
area18/*	X3T9.2 Documents from 1989

---
Mark Seiffert,  Metairie, LA.
uucp:           rex.cs.tulane.edu!mgse!marks or rex!mgse!marks
bitnet:         marks%mgse@REX.CS.TULANE.EDU
internet:       marks%mgse@rex.cs.tulane.edu or marks@mgse.UUCP
compu$erve:	>INTERNET:marks@mgse.UUCP

jlohmeye@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct27.220730.26162@ecn.purdue.edu> songer@orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu (Christopher M Songer) writes:
>Hi,
>     Where can I get a copy of the scsi and scsi-2 spec? Thanks,

Both can be obtained from Global Engineering Documents.  The following file
describes how:
------------------------ cut here -------------------------------------------
                       How to Get SCSI Standards

   This file has information on obtaining the various SCSI standards.

   American National Standard (ANSI) for Small Computer System Interface
   (SCSI), X3.131-1986.  This approved standard is available from:

        American National Standards Institute
        1430 Broadway
        New York, NY 10018
        Sales Department: (212) 642-4900

   The price is $25.00 each for 1-9 copies.  Quantity discounts are
   available.  If your company is a member of ANSI, you may also be
   eligible for a discount.

   The enhanced Small Computer System Interface (SCSI-2) was approved by
   ANSI on August 31, 1990.  It is not published yet, but copies of this
   document can be obtained from:

        Global Engineering Documents
        2805 McGaw
        Irvine, CA 92714
        (800) 854-7179
        (714) 261-1455

   Global has identified this document as X3.131-198X. (The latest revision
   is Rev 10c with a date of 3/9/90.)

   The European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) has also prepared
   a standard on SCSI.  It is known as: Standard ECMA-111 and was published
   in December 1985.  Free copies are available from:

        European Computer Manufacturers Association
        114 Rue du Rhone
        1204 Geneva (Switzerland)

   (File HOW2GET.TXT last updated 9/18/90)

John Lohmeyer         John.Lohmeyer@Wichita.NCR.COM
NCR Corp.             uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!entec!jlohmeye
3718 N. Rock Rd.      Voice: 316-636-8703
Wichita, KS 67226     SCSI BBS 316-636-8700 300/1200/2400 24 hours